• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Infrastructure Monitoring Train Driver - Colas Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,930
Even the great Francis Bourgeois hasn’t been granted that particular boon… needs some friends in high places.
Used to be easy enough if you asked nicely and knew the right people, I was offered a ride on it years ago but unfortunately if I remember rightly on the occasion in question I'd have had to sort myself out from somewhere like Tyne Yard and I'd got to get back for work!
 
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
10
Location
Leicestershire
Has anyone who’s applied for this heard anything back yet?
I’ve had an email to say they’re reviewing applications but this was almost 2 weeks ago now.
 
Joined
16 Jan 2019
Messages
88
Location
Sunderland
I've applied several times to Colas in the past and this is the only time I've ever had a response to my application. Seems positive they wish to communicate with applicants, even if unsuccessful.
 

Chrisjohn1982

New Member
Joined
9 Aug 2017
Messages
2
£64,945

Mostly Mon-Fri but we get some weekend work.

Don't listen to the naysayers, if you like variety and enjoy doing weird and wonderful routes and traction, stick in an application. It's a good job, I enjoy it.
Hi mate

Could you possibly send me a message regarding this role, thanks mate
 

spodface

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2014
Messages
24
Only at the start of April. I received an email stating that they my application was still under review, similar to that in post #63. Had absolutely nothing since.
Yea same here. Who knows lol! We may or may never hear something.
 

spodface

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2014
Messages
24
Just to let people know, I've received an email today to do an online assessment, so there is officially movement now :)
 

A2Jon

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2023
Messages
72
Location
Tring
Just to let people know, I've received an email today to do an online assessment, so there is officially movement now :)

Yes I also received the same email today. First time for me doing this type of test.
 

spodface

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2014
Messages
24
Yes I also received the same email today. First time for me doing this type of test.
Me too. Haven't started it yet as bogged down with reports from current work, going to give it a crack tomorrow?
Have you done it yet? And good luck! :)
 

A2Jon

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2023
Messages
72
Location
Tring
Me too. Haven't started it yet as bogged down with reports from current work, going to give it a crack tomorrow?
Have you done it yet? And good luck! :)
My plan is to do it tomorrow, How did you get on today with it.
 

CreswellSig

Member
Joined
17 May 2024
Messages
36
Location
Stockport
I did the Arctic Shores Online Assessment today. There were 8 tests/games to measure different abilities. Some games are against the clock and others you can take as long as you like to answer. There are no right or wrong answers, just go with your instinct. The facial expressions assessment was a little strange with AI generated expressions.

Immediately after completion, I received my results in a Psychometric Feedback Report.
 

A2Jon

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2023
Messages
72
Location
Tring
I still haven’t received my email from Arctic Shores. Has everyone else received theirs?
Did you get an email from recruitment. This was to inform you that you would be receiving the Arctic Shores email. However I actually received the AS email 24 hours before the one from Colas recruitment ‍♂️
 

Sunny16

On Moderation
Joined
11 Jan 2024
Messages
27
Location
Birmingham
Did you get an email from recruitment. This was to inform you that you would be receiving the Arctic Shores email. However I actually received the AS email 24 hours before the one from Colas recruitment ‍♂️
Yes, received an email from recruitment yesterday advising I have been progressed to the next stage. Never received any correspondence from Arctic Shores
 

A2Jon

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2023
Messages
72
Location
Tring
Yes, received an email from recruitment yesterday advising I have been progressed to the next stage. Never received any correspondence from Arctic Shores
Check your spam/junk folder as they did say it could go into there or ping them an email.
 

Fittermat

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2021
Messages
29
Location
…
I have had to do that artic shores test twice for 2 separate trainee roles within Colas. I completed them both within 24 hours of each other and got 2 totally different results. It all depends on that Colas are looking for. But at least there is a date on the email so we will know by then if we have progressed to the next stage.
 

A2Jon

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2023
Messages
72
Location
Tring
I did the Arctic Shores Online Assessment today. There were 8 tests/games to measure different abilities. Some games are against the clock and others you can take as long as you like to answer. There are no right or wrong answers, just go with your instinct. The facial expressions assessment was a little strange with AI generated expressions.

Immediately after completion, I received my results in a Psychometric Feedback Report.

Did you do the test on a PC/Laptop or on a Phone/Tablet?
 

Fittermat

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2021
Messages
29
Location
…
Anybody had any news back yet post the Arctic Shores teat?
I’ve heard nothing back for IM, the freight job shortlists have already been done. Even if you’re unsuccessful you will get a email informing you.
 

CreswellSig

Member
Joined
17 May 2024
Messages
36
Location
Stockport
Not had any news about Arctic Shores Test results, but I did get an email from Colas Rail a few days ago. It was just an enquiry about my application and my location, so it seems like they are currently looking at the applicants.
 
Joined
4 Dec 2023
Messages
6
Location
Sheffield
Does anyone know if this position is/is likely for a certain class/division of the IM fleet? Obviously the NMT is one set in the fleet, but could they say later down the line, this position is actually for a tamper driver e.t.c?

And does anyone have an idea of the training schedule?

Thanks!
 

Class2ldn

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Messages
1,403
I've seen they are looking for drivers ar rugby and Tonbridge but the Tonbridge one says its for the west midlands, I know a few people have said its a mobile job but seems odd to be based at Tonbridge for the west midlands so I assume you'd need to be based near the west midlands?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top