• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Tempting fate here...but does the 2 year rule and enhanced standards apply to the stage 2 tests? (Gotta get there first of course!)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Got through, mine's not for almost 2 weeks though! Hope they didn't give them out in order of priority but so what if they did - the important thing is I got one.

Lots of time for research. Tuesday is going to come round quick for you, Jimmy!
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Well done Amanda and good luck......bizarre scheduling of these interviews or maybe they just have tons to get through (dunno how many new drivers they need?)
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Well done Amanda and good luck......bizarre scheduling of these interviews or maybe they just have tons to get through (dunno how many new drivers they need?)

I know, it's weird isn't it! Also they are at different locations... I applied for Nottingham depot so wasn't too surprised to get an interview there (in some room on platform 3, how bizarre!) but I think others are at Derby even if they applied for Nottingham.

Anyone know how long the interview will last for? Trying to work out if I can get away with a half day at work. :?:
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Mine is at Derby but applied for Nottingham. From experience it lasts from as little to 25 minutes to almost an hour
 

Clive0121

Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
18
Just got an email saying I have a competency interview later on this month, not sure if that means I did well in the speed interviews or not but either way it wasn’t a no so I’m real happy right now, we’ll done to you all who get through
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Just got an email saying I have a competency interview later on this month, not sure if that means I did well in the speed interviews or not but either way it wasn’t a no so I’m real happy right now, we’ll done to you all who get through

The competency interview is the other name for Driver Manager Interview.
That does mean you did well in the speed interviews and were successful! :D
It’s just informing you that the Stage 3 Interview is competency based.

Congratulations! :D

Got through, mine's not for almost 2 weeks though! Hope they didn't give them out in order of priority but so what if they did - the important thing is I got one.

Lots of time for research. Tuesday is going to come round quick for you, Jimmy!

Congratulations on making it to Stage 3 Amanda!
The date will be down to Manager/location availability and will have nothing to do with ‘preference’, don’t worry.

Ultimately, the order will likely be scrambled again for Stage 4, and should you make it all the way, you’ll end up in the same Talent Pool as everyone else! :)


Also, the DMI will typically last for up to an hour, depending on how long it takes you to complete it. Some will last as little as 25 minutes, some will take the full hour. Neither length will be a representation of how you performed.
The interview is competency based, so expect to give real life examples of where you have demonstrated the skills of a train driver.

Good luck everyone! :)
 
Last edited:

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
I didn't realise Top Link's was today.

Good luck for tomorrow, Jimmy!

I was at Nottingham Station today and tried to scope out where my interview will be, which is a room on platform 3 (it feels like I'm going to Hogwarts! :p). Could not find it anywhere. There are lots of doors off the platform but all of them unmarked, however there is a customer service office on the platform so I will just ask there on the day. What could go wrong?!
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
I didn't realise Top Link's was today.

Good luck for tomorrow, Jimmy!

I was at Nottingham Station today and tried to scope out where my interview will be, which is a room on platform 3 (it feels like I'm going to Hogwarts! :p). Could not find it anywhere. There are lots of doors off the platform but all of them unmarked, however there is a customer service office on the platform so I will just ask there on the day. What could go wrong?!

Just arrive in plenty of time and ask for directions.
Does your email give you specific instructions on where to report to? (For Visitor log and badge purposes)
Or does it quite literally just mention a room on platform 3? :lol:


Well done for today Top Link, hope you’ll get good news soon, and all the best for tomorrow stjimmy87! :)
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Just arrive in plenty of time and ask for directions.
Does your email give you specific instructions on where to report to? (For Visitor log and badge purposes)
Or does it quite literally just mention a room on platform 3? :lol:

It says Castle Room, platform 3. I have the names of the people who will be interviewing me and that's it! I don't know if there's a reception or even a waiting area other than the passenger waiting room. :lol: However I'm a big girl and will just get there with plenty of time and ask for directions; I'm sure the customer service desk will be the place to start. It's like being on a quest!
 

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,933
It says Castle Room, platform 3. I have the names of the people who will be interviewing me and that's it! I don't know if there's a reception or even a waiting area other than the passenger waiting room. :lol: However I'm a big girl and will just get there with plenty of time and ask for directions; I'm sure the customer service desk will be the place to start. It's like being on a quest!
Just for a bit of reassurance - it is indeed on platform 3, but upstairs, accessed through the (locked!) door to the right of the vending machine just past the middle footbridge. The customer service desk is indeed probably the best place to ask.
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Just for a bit of reassurance - it is indeed on platform 3, but upstairs, accessed through the (locked!) door to the right of the vending machine just past the middle footbridge. The customer service desk is indeed probably the best place to ask.

Cheers, Tomnick! That is reassuring. I figured it was upstairs because I imagine it's called the Castle Room because you can probably see the castle from it. I just think it's funny how they don't give you the full instructions, it feels like it's part of the assessment as to whether you can actually find the place or not. :E As long as I allow plenty of time to have someone direct me from customer services I'll be fine, and it's not till next week anyway.
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
These things happen it's the railway after all, unpredictable :) more time to prepare now

Have you heard yet when it will be rescheduled for? I would be gutted, but it does work in your favour to have more preparation time. I'm glad mine isn't till next week. How much cancellation notice did they give you?
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
I
Have you heard yet when it will be rescheduled for? I would be gutted, but it does work in your favour to have more preparation time. I'm glad mine isn't till next week. How much cancellation notice did they give you?

I didn't read my email till this morning but it was sent around 7 last night. Time to get the notes back out again!
 

Clive0121

Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
18
Hi there, would anyone happen to have a link regarding what to expect from the dmi’s please?
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Hi there, would anyone happen to have a link regarding what to expect from the dmi’s please?

Use the search function on this website. Type in dmi questions (or other search variants) and make a list of every one you find. They normally start "tell me about a time...."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top