• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Thanks, Dynamonic! What will be, will be. I didn't realise there would be any kind of interview at this session so was completely thrown.

stjimmy87, which group were you in? Afternoon? I was at the morning session and our group aced the paper tower building too. *high five* :D

Afternoon one, *high 5 back at you* :) Good luck.

The worst bit is sitting around waiting for the email to pop through and avoiding checking your emails every hour!

Try to put the day out your mind now, there’s nothing worse than sitting there thinking “I should have said this, why did I say that” as it’s totally out of your control now!

I've banned myself from checking emails till at least Friday!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Top Link

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2017
Messages
27
Thanks potential

To be honest I found the speed interviews were my best bit (unless they think otherwise!) Apart from question three which I think threw everybody, but I still managed to speak for a minute.

Plus our team aced the paper tower challenge which was the high point (pardon the pun)

Difficult to gauge how I did as I think it was a strong line up....now the tense wait and its really difficult to take my mind off it.

stkimmy87, were you in the group with the flag on top of their tower? Think Marie gave your tower a nudge to see if it would fall? ;) Good effort matey, it certainly stood up to being tested!
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
I have already checked my e-mail what feels like a million times. There's no way I could not check it till Friday!!
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Haha yeah we had the flag but it was pressed up against the ceiling, which group were you in?. She gave it a right good nudge as well. Did question 3 on the speed interviews throw you as well?
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Haha yeah we had the flag but it was pressed up against the ceiling, which group were you in?. She gave it a right good nudge as well. Did question 3 on the speed interviews throw you as well?

I was in the morning group.

Question 3 was about how you would adapt to the lifestyle, yes?

It was question 2 where they asked me what I know about the job. :oops: I told them what I remembered and they were like, "and?!" so I have a feeling I missed something crucial off. Can't change it now though!
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
I'm hoping its not gonna be a case of waiting over the weekend, either way I just wanna know asap

Marie seemed to indicate it would be soon, although she said she was out of the office yesterday. She said interviews would be held by the end of this month. Based on that I expect to hear by the end of this week but I'm trying not to count on that!
 

Scouse_scott

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2017
Messages
93
I was in the morning group.

Question 3 was about how you would adapt to the lifestyle, yes?

It was question 2 where they asked me what I know about the job. :oops: I told them what I remembered and they were like, "and?!" so I have a feeling I missed something crucial off. Can't change it now though!

Sounds like you had different speed interview questions to us that took it before christams
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
I was expecting the question about lifestyle and I was all ready to spout about it but then he just lands "Tell me your understanding of non technical skills"........ From peoples reactions I think it threw a few people. The first two questions were easy enough having researched it tirelessly.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
I was expecting the question about lifestyle and I was all ready to spout about it but then he just lands "Tell me your understanding of non technical skills"........ From peoples reactions I think it threw a few people. The first two questions were easy enough having researched it tirelessly.

Or technical skills I forget which one! Either way, unexpected.
 

Paul472426

Member
Joined
7 Mar 2016
Messages
39
Location
Derby Etches Park
Nope, courses are in March (full), September, and December
I’m on the current course, (just done the rules exams this week, everyone passed!) I was in the Driver Managers office this afternoon, there is a Depot Driver course date written on their board for June, and we have it on very good authority there’s one planned for October too!
 

Top Link

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2017
Messages
27
Haha yeah we had the flag but it was pressed up against the ceiling, which group were you in?. She gave it a right good nudge as well. Did question 3 on the speed interviews throw you as well?

I'm through to the DMI :) Q3 was somewhat unexpected but to be fair it was on the original EMT job advert (way back in October) it stressed the importance of Non Technical Skills and there was a link which lists them in further detail. Best of luck for everybody still awaiting their email :)
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
I'm through to the DMI :) Q3 was somewhat unexpected but to be fair it was on the original EMT job advert (way back in October) it stressed the importance of Non Technical Skills and there was a link which lists them in further detail. Best of luck for everybody still awaiting their email :)

Congratulations Top Link, and best of luck with your DMI prep! :D
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Well I'm fearing the dreaded 1am rejection email at this point :( Especially If they are sending out congratulations emails this late in the day...
 

Clive0121

Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
18
Congratulations to the people who got through to the DMI testing, haven’t received an email yet so I’m assuming this is as far as I’ve come, good luck to you all and I hope you have a great career with EMT
 

Top Link

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2017
Messages
27
Congratulations to the people who got through to the DMI testing, haven’t received an email yet so I’m assuming this is as far as I’ve come, good luck to you all and I hope you have a great career with EMT

Thank you for your kind words Clive, but I'm hoping you guys get through too so we can all embark on our EMT careers together! Keeping my fingers crossed for all you guys still awaiting emails :)
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
To those of you who have not heard anything yet about how you got on at Stage 2, please keep in mind that the good news can be sent out across a couple of days. This would be so your interview dates/times can be arranged with the Driver Managers.

Either way, EMT have been very good at letting people know their outcome’s quickly so rest-assured, you won’t be waiting long.

Good luck to those of you still waiting, and of course to those of you who are about to sit their Stage 3 too! :)
 
Joined
27 Jul 2015
Messages
63
Just to touch on what Dynamonic mentioned, those of us who went through the process first also had a delay from when we found out. I found out that I had made it through to the next stage before some others did on here and they had the same nerves and anxiety you must be feeling now.

A day or so later more results came through and they had also made it to the next stage so stay positive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top