• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Ahh I follow! I'm still nervous about it though

You passed it before, it's the same deal, provided you haven't spent the intervening years ruining your concentration skills on the skunk or something. You've been hanging round the forum waiting for this job for a while now and have been applying for the same jobs as me, so I hope you get a bit of luck this time. PM me if you want any pointers.
 
Joined
27 Jul 2015
Messages
63
I have to say EMT really do impress me with their recruitment process. Not only have they just put 100’s of people through intense process’, all to time frame and all done like a well oiled machine, they have now prepared for and set up the next round already before Christmas.

Good luck to you all, don’t be your own worst enemy and get into your own heads, you’ll be fine.
 

Door_gunner

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2017
Messages
7
Hi everyone, left it a bit late but just managed to get on here and register. I've just managed to gain a place in the talent pool after passing stage 4 (stage 2 assessments) on the 7th of Dec in Nottingham. So over the moon that I'm making a seamless transition to civilian street after 15 years in the Army and to such an exciting role within an excellent company as EMT. I'm hoping to gain a start date of March fingers crossed... Just eager to start now. I see that people are already getting dates for the next stage 1 tests in Jan, good luck to all, I'd say it's very achievable as long as you work hard. All the best to everyone and Merry Christmas.
 

Door_gunner

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2017
Messages
7
I've got my email too.

I'm hoping it's good news for the people that went up on Thursday! I know they follow this forum but don't post so good look to those guys and girl !

Hi Scott, glad you got in pal. Wondered what happened when you didn't stay for the mmi, I thought you had to do that again? You heard anything else yet? A start date?
 

EastMidsMatt

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2017
Messages
144
Medical booked in for Jan 4th with a start date of 26th of March 2018...EMT are full steam ahead with the recruitment drive. This is the best Christmas present ever!
Anyone else with a start date confirmed??
 
Joined
27 Jul 2015
Messages
63
Hi everyone,

Just to update those of you who have recently made it into the talent pool from the assessments just passed.

I received a phone call today from the lovely Marie to get me booked in for a medical at the start of Janurary, with an offer of a course date on March 26th.

It seems yet again EMT are sticking to their timelines in perfect form, I hope the rest of you hear something soon.
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Medical booked in for Jan 4th with a start date of 26th of March 2018...EMT are full steam ahead with the recruitment drive. This is the best Christmas present ever!
Anyone else with a start date confirmed??

I am also on that course. Pending the medical of course. And references. Best lose a bit of weight for the medical.
 

Door_gunner

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2017
Messages
7
Hi everyone,

Just to update those of you who have recently made it into the talent pool from the assessments just passed.

I received a phone call today from the lovely Marie to get me booked in for a medical at the start of Janurary, with an offer of a course date on March 26th.

It seems yet again EMT are sticking to their timelines in perfect form, I hope the rest of you hear something soon.

Did you just go into the talent pool mate? I've still heard nothing yet... was hoping to receive a call too hope this doesn't mean I've missed the march course...
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Congratulations to all of you getting your March start dates through! :D

I’ve not heard anything just yet, so maybe it’s a later course for me, but we’ll see what tomorrow brings! :D

Well done again everyone!
 

EastMidsMatt

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2017
Messages
144
I think EMT have proceeded in order of applications received. It certainly feels like that from my perspective.

It is a shame that some of us won't be starting in March but the great thing is that we know we'll all be on a course soon, as opposed to the previous talent pool where people waited 18 months or so.

Hang in there!
 

Scouse_scott

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2017
Messages
93
Hi Scott, glad you got in pal. Wondered what happened when you didn't stay for the mmi, I thought you had to do that again? You heard anything else yet? A start date?

Glad you had good news as Well, yeah I sat the mmi with the Irish guy while you lot did some of the computer tests, I didn't hang around long after.

No i haven't had a start date although I've got a missed call from 2pm that I couldn't answer because I was in work. Hopefully that was emt
 

Door_gunner

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2017
Messages
7
Yeah probably was them then, I was interviewed by the Irish lad too. Hopefully you'll get a call tomorrow and me too... doubt it though as surely I would have heard today? Let me know how you get on.
 

Nairbxeno

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2017
Messages
21
Are EMT going to be sticking to the time frame for the medicals? It was supposed to be week the commencing 2/1/18 so just wondering if anyone has any information??

I would have expected to hear something this week what with Christmas and New year in the way.

my medical is 4th Jan and I have my offer letter. course March 26th start
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Roll call for the 26th then;

Scouse Scott,
Nairbexeno
Matt Vick
PotentialTrain
Spankthemonkey

Do we have a masonic style secret handshake to indicate being a railforums board contributor??!!

Beware the railway medical by the way. Don't be drinking the night before! Have done a railway medical before, she said they do have failures, usually people who didn't realise they were colour blind or people who had a heavy night the night before.
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
So just about everyone on the board apart from me is starting in March then? :lol::lol::lol: (Checks underarm to see if he remembered the Lynx)


Congratulations everyone! Very well deserved! :D<:D
 

Door_gunner

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2017
Messages
7
So just about everyone on the board apart from me is starting in March then? :lol::lol::lol: (Checks underarm to see if he remembered the Lynx)


Congratulations everyone! Very well deserved! :D<:D

Na mate, I've heard nothing either as yet so no start date for me either. Prob done it in alphabetical order which means being 'R' I'm screwed. Gutted as was really hoping for the march start. Gonna have to find a truck driving job in the new year now whilst i wait. good luck to you guys though.
 
Last edited:
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
So just about everyone on the board apart from me is starting in March then? :lol::lol::lol: (Checks underarm to see if he remembered the Lynx)


Congratulations everyone! Very well deserved! :D<:D

You'll be on the next one for sure. More important u get the depot u want. Could it have been done by age, oldest first?

Enjoy your last summer in your current job. Realising I only have three months left doing the greatest job i've ever had made me a teeny bit sad.
 

Scouse_scott

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2017
Messages
93
No I'm not on the march date as of yet, I had that missed call yesterday but that could have been a coincidence.

Good luck to all that start in March, and it will be fun to put faces to the names on this forum ha
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
In all seriousness, I do enjoy my current role, so I'm happy to start later on. It means I probably won't spend my birthday in a classroom, and my family may well get their wish of me coming on holiday with them! :lol: Then the hard work will commence! :lol: (It may also have something to do with me mentioning in my DMI that I didn't mind when I started)
 

hopefuldriver

Member
Joined
24 Dec 2017
Messages
23
Hello to all.
I’ve been reading this thread for quite a while now, and I’m happy to say that I have also had an email inviting me to the January stage 1 assessments.
Well done to all that have completed them successfully and been offered a place in the pool. And good luck to all of you that are going in January.
 

Nairbxeno

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2017
Messages
21
Roll call for the 26th then;

Scouse Scott,
Nairbexeno
Matt Vick
PotentialTrain
Spankthemonkey

Do we have a masonic style secret handshake to indicate being a railforums board contributor??!!

Beware the railway medical by the way. Don't be drinking the night before! Have done a railway medical before, she said they do have failures, usually people who didn't realise they were colour blind or people who had a heavy night the night before.

More failures than the final testing stage I have been told.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Happy Christmas to everyone and good luck to those of us about to start down what I hope will be the road to our dream career.
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Any current employees? The questions you don't ask at interview as you sound like an awkward bast*rdo (and i'm really really not) so if anyone could answer them i'd be grateful.

1. Is it 7 on 2 off, 7 on 5 off at both depots? Ie, 2x5 and 1x4 day weeks.
2. Is there a minimum RDW number of hours payment (old central guards get 9hrs 15 at emt for example)?
3. Is there much overtime tacked on to shifts (....can you just stay on to do....) to take u up to the 12hrs? My favourite type of overtime.
4. It says it's 28 days holiday. Is this 4 block weeks and 8 floating days? How does that work then if ur bloc is only a 4 day week, do u get an extra floater?
5. Is rdw bankable in leui days? The so called "extra-child maintenence and 40% tax avoider".
6. Or is holiday accrued on overtime paid in one happy day lump sum?
7. Does much swapping of shifts on the link go on?
8. Is rdw allocated by equalisation and levelled out annually or is it cumulative for ever?
9. Is it easy to get the holiday days off u want? What is it, max 2 at once?

Much obliged.
 

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,933
For Notts...

1. Pretty much, yes, but with some extra Sundays off (most but not all when changing from lates to earlies) and an extra Friday off one week.
2. No minimum payment, just the power of negotiation.
3. Occasionally, usually when short-staffed and/or things are going very wrong. Very very rare to get anywhere near 12hrs actually worked though.
4. Yes and yes.
5. Not as far as I’m aware.
6. Sounds like that’s what the ‘holiday uplift’ payment is?
7. Not a huge amount, and it’d be difficult to set up a regular swap, but it can be done occasionally.
8. By equalisation, not sure how often it’s reset (but I think it’s more frequent than annually).
9. Max 3 off including weekly leave, I think. Generally not too bad to get what you want, can be difficult at times but everyone’s generally happy to help out with cover/swaps if they’re able to.

Hope that helps!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top