• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
During the mmi is it a good idea to draw on examples from as many different places and not just the current job (which in my case is exceptionally relevant to being a train driver). When researching the questions all my examples tend to come from my job on the trams.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Your interviewer will be looking to see if your example meets all the criteria they are looking for in that specific question.

You may use any example that you feel is good enough for that question, even using the same situation multiple times if need be, provided it meets their criteria.

I used different situations for each of my answers, and all but one of my situations happened with my current employer.

Ultimately, if your example answers their question, and it shows you demonstrating the skills of a driver, then it’s probably worth using, no matter which job it happened with. :)
 

EastMidsMatt

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2017
Messages
144
Anyone on the next course got a start date yet? I've been informed it will be July 2nd but don't quote me.

I'm in the 4th week of training and loving it, it's a tsunami of information though and only going to get harder!
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
I’ve not heard anything just yet, but it should be anytime now....now.........err......now...... :lol:

I truly can’t wait for the call!!! My heart skips a beat every time my phone makes a noise!
Here’s hoping it might be this week we hear if they potentially know the start day now! :D

I’m glad to hear you’re loving the course! I’m hearing great things about it from a few people, and it only makes me want it more! :D
 

Scouse_scott

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2017
Messages
93
Now the nervous wait begins to see if I got past the mmi....how long did u guys have to wait to find out?

Less than a week, the guys who took it on the Monday found out the same time as us who did it later in the week. Good luck. Sure you've passed, you said you've passed before?
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Well done for today stjimmy87! I’m sure you would have done fine!

I just did a dig in my emails for you and can see that I was informed of my success on Tuesday 12th December, after sitting Stage 4 on Friday 8th December, so not a long wait at all! :D

Good luck buddy! :)
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Well done for today stjimmy87! I’m sure you would have done fine!

I just did a dig in my emails for you and can see that I was informed of my success on Tuesday 12th December, after sitting Stage 4 on Friday 8th December, so not a long wait at all! :D

Good luck buddy! :)

Cheers mate least it shouldn't be too much longer I can almost taste sucess
 

LaursP

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2018
Messages
44
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading and following this thread for a long while now and have found it very useful- thank you!
I applied back in October and found out on Wednesday that I’ve made it to the talent pool, unbelievably happy.
Congratulations stjimmy87 on getting through too. Now for the potentially long wait....
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading and following this thread for a long while now and have found it very useful- thank you!
I applied back in October and found out on Wednesday that I’ve made it to the talent pool, unbelievably happy.
Congratulations stjimmy87 on getting through too. Now for the potentially long wait....

Congratulations LaursP, and welcome to both the Talent Pool, and the forum! :D
 

LaursP

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2018
Messages
44
Congratulations LaursP, and welcome to both the Talent Pool, and the forum! :D

Thank you. It seems such a long time until Jan 2020 (when my stage 1 OPC expires, so hopefully I will be selected before then.
Marie came to our stage 2 OPC / MMI on Tuesday (she had a go at the computer tests to see what we went though) and she said there’s a course this year in July and October, then 3 next year at roughly the same times as those this year.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Thank you. It seems such a long time until Jan 2020 (when my stage 1 OPC expires, so hopefully I will be selected before then.
Marie came to our stage 2 OPC / MMI on Tuesday (she had a go at the computer tests to see what we went though) and she said there’s a course this year in July and October, then 3 next year at roughly the same times as those this year.

I would take October! Well done to you for making the pool.
 

EastMidsMatt

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2017
Messages
144
Well done everyone. It won't be too long to wait, they're short of drivers so will be sticking to July, Oct etc unless anything drastic happens.
You've got a golden ticket, enjoy the ride.
 

Amanda

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2018
Messages
197
Congratulations Jimmy and Laura! Hope you don't have to wait too long in the pool.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Well email sent to Marie for choice of depot. Eascroft based on where I live but it was tempting to say Derby cos of the hst's. Can't wait to hear back about a start date but know it could still be a while. Enjoying the good feeling of being in the pool.
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Well email sent to Marie for choice of depot. Eascroft based on where I live but it was tempting to say Derby cos of the hst's. Can't wait to hear back about a start date but know it could still be a while. Enjoying the good feeling of being in the pool.
Sounds like you might be lined up for the July course if you are getting depot choice emails.
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
I can totally deal with that :D
If you live in nottm you will probably get Nottm depot, emt are very much interested in reducing commute time and monitoring it with their fatigue index. The hst's won't be around for ever either. And it's less nights at nottm.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
If you live in nottm you will probably get Nottm depot, emt are very much interested in reducing commute time and monitoring it with their fatigue index. The hst's won't be around for ever either. And it's less nights at nottm.

Yeah roster for Nottingham isn't too bad from what I have seen and its so easy for me to get to Nottingham station from where I live so it makes more sense. Is it true they are massively short on depot drivers at Notts at the moment?
 

EastMidsMatt

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2017
Messages
144
If you live in nottm you will probably get Nottm depot, emt are very much interested in reducing commute time and monitoring it with their fatigue index. The hst's won't be around for ever either. And it's less nights at nottm.
Yes but Derby is by far the best depot, everyone knows that!
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
Yeah roster for Nottingham isn't too bad from what I have seen and its so easy for me to get to Nottingham station from where I live so it makes more sense. Is it true they are massively short on depot drivers at Notts at the moment?
13/27 short at nottm and 15/27 short at derby, but there are 10 for each ahead of you on the Jan and March courses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top