• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train to Ashchurch MoD tomorrow (3rd July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABB125

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2016
Messages
4,354
Location
University of Birmingham
I've just noticed that a train has appeared on Realtime Trains heading to the army facility at Ashchurch.
Normally I wouldn't be interested in this, as, despite there being regular paths (I think twice a week) available for traffic to the site, they never run (and I believe the last train to run was either in 2012 or 2014). However, this one is different, not the normal times, day, or start location. Therefore, I must ask, does anyone know whether this one will actually run, and if so, what will it be?
Given the fact that it's booked to reverse at Norton Junction in only 4 minutes, rather than 50 minutes at Worcester TC, I'm assuming it's a light engine. There also doesn't appear to be a return working (yet).
Of course, it could just be a tamper or something being parked in the siding, but I hope not!
Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,525
Of course, it could just be a tamper or something being parked in the siding
Correct - should be this one:





MARK
 

Puppetfinger

Member
Joined
18 May 2018
Messages
103
There was a train into the Camp last year, one Monday night, entered the Camp approx 7am Tuesday morning, stupidly I didn't get a picture. Train had come from Marchwood.

News locally is that the Camp has been given a new lease of life and will remain open albeit a little downsized (mainly housing facilities going) but keeping it open could see more vehicles located there possibly seeing rail traffic.
 

ABB125

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2016
Messages
4,354
Location
University of Birmingham
looks to just be a tamper, down as a colas yellow plant in railcam data unfortunately.
Correct - should be this one:





MARK
Thanks for letting me know, shame it's not what I was hoping for.
There was a train into the Camp last year, one Monday night, entered the Camp approx 7am Tuesday morning, stupidly I didn't get a picture. Train had come from Marchwood.

News locally is that the Camp has been given a new lease of life and will remain open albeit a little downsized (mainly housing facilities going) but keeping it open could see more vehicles located there possibly seeing rail traffic.
That's interesting, thanks. Hopefully more traffic will be generated. The camp always seems to be reprieved whenever "threatened" with housing/railfreight/closure etc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top