• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train route mapping site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frvic93

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2022
Messages
42
Location
Edinburgh
Sorry if this has been posted already (probably has been, several times), but I was wondering, is there an equivalent of RealTimeTrains that plots the route a train takes on a map? I just thought it'd be interesting to see.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

frvic93

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2022
Messages
42
Location
Edinburgh

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,307
Location
South West London
How about this Chrome extension for the RTT website? There’s one or two small glitches for routes that traverse the Marches, but overall it’s a very good add-on:

 

snowball

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2013
Messages
8,144
Location
Leeds
Word of warning to anyone that looks at this: the "locations" of trains on here are just calculated off the timetable and generic acceleration/deceleration values rather than actually being live.
Just now it showed a train moving across the platforms at York, west to east, then east to west. Then it returned to the tracks and set off towards Scarborough,
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
How about this Chrome extension for the RTT website? There’s one or two small glitches for routes that traverse the Marches, but overall it’s a very good add-on:

I've downloaded and installed this, but I can't see any difference to RTT. What am I missing?
 

frvic93

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2022
Messages
42
Location
Edinburgh
How about this Chrome extension for the RTT website? There’s one or two small glitches for routes that traverse the Marches, but overall it’s a very good add-on:

That looks like just the thing! Thanks. I've tried it now and it seems to do what I want it to.

Thanks everyone else for your suggestions, I'll take a look at them too.
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
Click on the service you want, there’s a map icon in the top right. That plots the route
Nope - no map icon top right

oops - my mistake, inadvertantly reverted to Firefox. Now that I'm in Chrome it shows...:oops:
:oops::oops:
 
Last edited:

BenS123

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2022
Messages
228
Location
Bournemouth
Just tried it but unfortunately it says 'No routing points found' for every train I've found, I've tried a lot of different TOCs and stations now :frown:
Edit: Seems to only work in detailed view. Amazing extension though :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top