• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train named in memory of Dave Gunson, guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyPJG

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
543
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...rains-honour-guard-with-train-named-after-him

South West Trains honour guard with train named after him
A train has been named in honour of a South West Trains guard who died just before Christmas.

It is believed to be the first time a train has been named after a guard after colleagues wanted to pay tribute to Dave Gunson from Tidworth, Wiltshire.

Mr Gunson, a father of three and grandfather of nine, died aged 65 after being hit by a car as her cycled to work. He had worked as a guard for 20 years and had been based in Basingstoke.

The train was unveiled at a ceremony in Woking, attended by Mr Gunson's wife of 35 years, Chrystine, who said Mr Gunson had never held a driving licence and cycled everywhere.

A 23-year-old man was charged with causing death by dangerous driving following Mr Gunson's death.

(Did a forum search but no thread thrown up)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Joined
17 Jul 2007
Messages
2,154
Location
SWR Metals
Yeah 450127...I'd been looking for the train for ages. and I took Dave Gunson out for a spin.
 
Last edited:

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,373
Yeah 450127...I'd been looking for thr train for ages. and I took Dave Gunson out for a spin.

Had Gunner, keep me company on my shift last week. I do hope the name is retrained when 127 is refurbished in the coming months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top