• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Manager & Conductor Jobs North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

azOOOOOma

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2023
Messages
303
Location
Durham
Hi Guys!

I'm just looking for any information people may have. I'm interested in becoming a Train Manager preferably but would also love to be a conductor. I'm based near Durham Station and love within an hour of quite a few stations. I'm a little unsure as to which train companies have such roles based in the North East.

Can anyone advise the best way to get into it? I've seen that these jobs are rarely externally advertised so on have to be internally employed. Would I be best trying to get an office based role with LNER at Gosforth or Arriva in Sunderland? I've noticed Arriva's XC advertising for TMs based in Manchester, Birmingham and Bournemouth but I am unsure if they have TMs based in the region.

Thanks in advance for any help my lovelies.
Laura.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stuattravs

New Member
Joined
12 Jul 2017
Messages
3
Just going though my training now for XC to be a TM in Newcastle, I was external and just happened upon the advert luckily.

Just create job vacancy alerts on all the sites and I’m sure something will pop up.

Sure I heard the other day they are looking for a lot of new drivers and TMs in the next few years
 

azOOOOOma

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2023
Messages
303
Location
Durham
Thanks for your reply. That's great. Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying the training and good luck with your new role.

Did they mention what the pension is like yet? I can't find much details on it.
 

tlv2019

Member
Joined
23 Dec 2019
Messages
19
Location
Newcastle
LNER do still advertise TM jobs for internal people only so getting in with an entry level role, such as the call centre, would give you a head start. However it’s not unheard of for TM jobs to be advertised externally so it is possible. Really depends on your current situation what you want to do.
 

Stuattravs

New Member
Joined
12 Jul 2017
Messages
3
Thanks for your reply. That's great. Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying the training and good luck with your new role.

Did they mention what the pension is like yet? I can't find much details on it.
Nothing too in depth but from what I’ve seen it seems generous
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top