Not trying to put you down,but have you applied for any driver jobs yet getting the job is the hard bit not what shifts you work
Indeed...
And there's a massive difference between liking the idea of shift work and actually doing shift work...
if you are doing an early and it's 9 hours then you got the afternoon off
You don't though. You'll end up in bed knackered.
Also, 9 hour shift, that it? Last time I was working unsocials it was anywhere between 7 and 14hr shifts, and I never had any idea what it would be until I saw the dispatch sheets when I got into the depot at 3:30am.
I've seen many a 'young buck' including far too many students try and come work my night shifts when I was at a popular airport retailer, and they were usually dead the 2nd or 3rd night in because they hadn't slept, thinking they could have a 'free morning, or 'free afternoon'. Thats simply because they didn't listen to me and sleep, I've done shifts of many lengths and fast turnarounds, 24hr shifts, you name it, i've probably done it at some point (Except 9 to 5, I've only done that once, hated it). I've also seen way too many people liking the idea of shifts, and then dieing after the first week because they try and 'get up early' every day, it doesn't work, you need to change your sleep pattern, and know how to change it frequently if you want to sleep properly on rotating shifts.