Edsmith
Member
I agree that's very unfair, BTP do a pretty good job in my experience, I appreciate that others may have had a more negative experience of them.That is very unfair; The BT Police cannot, now or ever, be expected to respond as quickly as local Police to somewhere like Halesworth. But in busy, in rail usage terms, areas they are invaluable in providing a rail-focussed response to incidents.
Indeed there was, and every single person who had any knowledge of rail operations in Scotland was 100% against the idea, for good reason. Thankfully the proposal was ditched.
A friend of mine who works for Southeastern said police response times are often slow because some railway staff have "cried wolf too many times"!
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I agree, if a female was being attacked by a male physically or verbally I think most people in the vicinity would get involved.That's a perfectly valid question to ask. Most men are generally act more protective towards women and girls without even thinking about it.
One thing to consider is it won't just be drivers who react differently to a female guard being attacked, passengers may be more likely to do something in response to a slim female guard, than a male guard who has a similar build to a typical doorman.