suzanneparis
Member
- Joined
- 21 Feb 2015
- Messages
- 659
Can anyone please help.
I am travelling from Leicester to Winchester tomorrow for a funeral.
Weds 18 Feb 2026.
But the train I was booked on has been cancelled. 08:50 from Leicester via Birmingham. The train to Birmingham seems ok but the 10:03 from Birmingham to Winchester leg of the journey is cancelled.
My tickets are complicated.
Leic to Birm anytime day return
Birm to Banbuy anytime day return
Banbury to Basingstoke off peak day return
Basingstoke to Wincheser evening out day return - valid after 12 noon
Can anyone please tell me:
1. why is the train from Birmingham to Winchester cancelled? If it's work on the line then it's useful to know as maybe I would be better travelling earlier.
2. what are my rights in terms of alternative journeys. Presumably I cannot travel via london seeing as i bought tickets for via birmingham. And seeing as i have several tickets to complete the journey.
3. if i go on the train an hour earlier then i have problems on the last bit of the journey from basingstoke to winchester as my ticket won't be valid. would i have to buy a new ticket?
Any suggestions on what to do would be very gratefully received. I need to be in Winchester at 2pm at the latest for the funeral.
Many thanks
I am travelling from Leicester to Winchester tomorrow for a funeral.
Weds 18 Feb 2026.
But the train I was booked on has been cancelled. 08:50 from Leicester via Birmingham. The train to Birmingham seems ok but the 10:03 from Birmingham to Winchester leg of the journey is cancelled.
My tickets are complicated.
Leic to Birm anytime day return
Birm to Banbuy anytime day return
Banbury to Basingstoke off peak day return
Basingstoke to Wincheser evening out day return - valid after 12 noon
Can anyone please tell me:
1. why is the train from Birmingham to Winchester cancelled? If it's work on the line then it's useful to know as maybe I would be better travelling earlier.
2. what are my rights in terms of alternative journeys. Presumably I cannot travel via london seeing as i bought tickets for via birmingham. And seeing as i have several tickets to complete the journey.
3. if i go on the train an hour earlier then i have problems on the last bit of the journey from basingstoke to winchester as my ticket won't be valid. would i have to buy a new ticket?
Any suggestions on what to do would be very gratefully received. I need to be in Winchester at 2pm at the latest for the funeral.
Many thanks

