It's definitely causing problems as the up services from Alton, Salisbury/Exeter, Weymouth and the Basing stopper all seem to get caught in a bottleneck. Which in turn delays the up service from Portsmouth and then the Woking bay stopper towards Waterloo.I noticed this on Friday when my Exeter to Waterloo train crossed to the slow through the station and back again! I had no idea it was such a long-standing issue. I imagine it must interfere with schedules but perhaps not enough to be a priority to fix.
Indeed, that would be my thinking, but how much is it happening in reality? If it's a big problem, I would have expected a fix by now.It's definitely causing problems as the up services from Alton, Salisbury/Exeter, Weymouth and the Basing stopper all seem to get caught in a bottleneck. Which in turn delays the up service from Portsmouth and then the Woking bay stopper towards Waterloo.
It was showing early this morning but maybe they’ve finally fixed it. Not going to jinx it thoughSeems to be fixed today, no line block showing up.