• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Track Circuit Failure on the Up Fast at Brookwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

swr444

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2008
Messages
1,017
Location
London
Does anyone have any idea when this will be rectified? The Up fast line has been blocked at Brookwood for seems to have been well over a week now due to a TCF
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,488
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
I noticed this on Friday when my Exeter to Waterloo train crossed to the slow through the station and back again! I had no idea it was such a long-standing issue. I imagine it must interfere with schedules but perhaps not enough to be a priority to fix.
 

swr444

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2008
Messages
1,017
Location
London
I noticed this on Friday when my Exeter to Waterloo train crossed to the slow through the station and back again! I had no idea it was such a long-standing issue. I imagine it must interfere with schedules but perhaps not enough to be a priority to fix.
It's definitely causing problems as the up services from Alton, Salisbury/Exeter, Weymouth and the Basing stopper all seem to get caught in a bottleneck. Which in turn delays the up service from Portsmouth and then the Woking bay stopper towards Waterloo.
 

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,488
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
It's definitely causing problems as the up services from Alton, Salisbury/Exeter, Weymouth and the Basing stopper all seem to get caught in a bottleneck. Which in turn delays the up service from Portsmouth and then the Woking bay stopper towards Waterloo.
Indeed, that would be my thinking, but how much is it happening in reality? If it's a big problem, I would have expected a fix by now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top