• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPO liveries in the 1950s/60s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mor100

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2023
Messages
11
Location
Sheffield
Morning all
I was just wondering if any one could help me out with liveries in between company colours and the blue-grey era. I model a TPO theme on my layout and, though my era is mainly the 70s and 80s, I like to run occasional late sixties and early seventies TPOs using old company rolling stock. I have a number of ex-GWR and LMS TPOs, but does anyone know what liveries they would have sported before being outshopped in blue and grey in the late 60s/early 70s, if they survived that long (and I know some did). Would it have been signal red, or would they have just kept their old company colours, or a combo of both? I've seen some black and white photos of TPOs in the 50s and 60s, and as far as I can tell they were all red of some description, possibly BR maroon and/or signal red (hard to tell from b&w photos!)

Thanks

Matt
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2020
Messages
5,835
Location
SW London
Carmine from 1949 to 1957, and BR maroon from then until blue/grey.
OIP.k_jEaQdpZnfa4G_9Erp4rQHaDL

Graham Farish model - usually quite accurate
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top