• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPO coaches gone at Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
634
Location
Carmarthen
a set of 3, or was it 4 of these rail express system coaches or vans has finally disappeared from Maliphant sidings. what picked them up and to go where? I always noticed them sitting there on every trip into Swansea i made.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
No problem, I only remembered it because I started the thread myself! I doubt many people search the forum before asking a question, I certainly don't!

Incidentally, there were quite a few HST's in the sidings last Saturday morning. I don't know if it;s normal, I'm normally in bed at 0700 on a Saturday!
 
Last edited:
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
634
Location
Carmarthen
one HST set was down there last Sat morning when i took the 09.35 Carmarthen to Swindon (diverted route). maybe they go through the train wash or something and then wait there until the next Swansea - Paddington service of the morning is due.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
We caught the 0729 from platform 4, the 0759 was in platform 2, and there were acouple more in the sidings.

Does anyone know how many sets are normally stabled in Swansea on a Friday night?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top