• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Newcastle to Edinburgh : Coach A or Coach E at the front ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie Bee

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2018
Messages
967
Location
Whitley Bay
I intend making a booking on a journey from Newcastle to Edinburgh with TPE and need to select actual seats.

Unfortunately, the seating plan does not show the direction of travel (unlike with the LNER trains)

Is coach A or E at the front, or does it vary

Journey will be on a Sunday at 11:58 (departing NCL)

I suppose I could always travel in coach D if the seat is wrong ... isn't that the unreserved coach ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,335
Location
Glasgow
Is coach A or E at the front, or does it vary
Either way round in practice.

I suppose I could always travel in coach D if the seat is wrong ... isn't that the unreserved coach ?
I believe that some seats can be reserved in D but this is the last coach to be sold so they would only be reserved if busy. Most of the coach is unreserved though.
 

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Joined
1 Feb 2017
Messages
2,475
Location
Edinburgh
@hexagon789 is exactly right.

A tip for telling what way round the train is by going onto the TransPennine Express app, look at arrivals and departures and click your corresponding service, it (normally) tells you what way round the train is.

Coach D is also unreserved, however approximately half can be reserved (usually the higher numbers in the Coach).

I do advise you make a seat reservation as these services are extremely busy over weekends, even more so due to the fringe festival. Quite a few can be full and standing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top