• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE ignoring contact over my notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshTheRod

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2024
Messages
2
Location
Manchester
Midway through August I was travelling and there was an issue with the ticket machine where it only printed half of my return ticket. After being given an incident report by the inspector for not having a ticket, they told me that Transpennine would be in touch about a statement. I received a letter about this and was allowed to make my statement via post, e-mail or online. I first opted to email, but was then emailed back saying that the email inbox was now closed and "Your email has been deleted and you will not receive a response from this inbox". This email contained another link to the online system and I left a ticket in that, with email confirmation that my ticket had been reported. A week ago, I received a letter in the post saying that I hadn't made a statement and giving me another chance to do so via the same methods as before. After speaking to TPE support they told me that their debt recovery team is entirely separate and there isn't anything they can do. I left another comment on my original statement saying that I have made a statement, however since it has now been over a week I am worried the same thing will happen again.

I am unsure what my next steps should be and am wondering where to go from here.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Titfield

Established Member
Joined
26 Jun 2013
Messages
3,250
Send a letter repeating the statement (and making it clear that it is a repetition of an earlier submission online) by post.

Send it by signed for delivery so there is proof of sending and delivery.

Make sure you keep a copy.
 

JoshTheRod

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2024
Messages
2
Location
Manchester
I currently don't have access to the original letters since I am now at uni (this happened at home and gave that address). Would my dad be able to do this for me?
 

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2017
Messages
5,342
I currently don't have access to the original letters since I am now at uni (this happened at home and gave that address). Would my dad be able to do this for me?
That should be fine - but to really cover yourself, make it clear that your dad is acting on your behalf. So
- write a short letter of authority: 'This is to confirm that I authorise <your father's name> to act on my behalf in matters concerning TransPennine Express'. Signed <your signature> <your name printed legibly>'
- get the letter to your father. Either post it to him or (more easily) take a photo of it and email the photo to your father
- ask your father, when he replies to TPE for you, to enclose a copy of the letter of authority.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,157
I currently don't have access to the original letters since I am now at uni (this happened at home and gave that address). Would my dad be able to do this for me?
Could you dad not send you a photo of the letter (eg via Whatsapp) so you can deal with it yourself?
 

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,370
At this stage I would be sending a letter to the MD at the company's registered address with all the facts, asking for a sensible response and a resolution - i.e. an apology for the accusation that you didn't have a ticket when their machine had failed to print it. Any competent ticket inspector should have been able to see that the price paid was for a return ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top