• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Advance Refund On Medical Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,637
Location
Merseyside
I know some retailers will allow a fee free refund on Advance tickets if the reason for being unable to travel is on medical grounds and evidence can be provided. Is TPE one such retailer?

If so, how is such a refund applied for?

Thanks guys.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,300
Location
South West London
I've just done a dummy refund through their online portal, and 'Medical reason' was an option for a refund. It was done through this link:


And the screenshot below shows your reason as a reason to claim a refund (although it does ask for evidence):

Screenshot_20250422_155748_Kiwi Browser.jpg
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,637
Location
Merseyside
Many thanks for your help. I've just submitted this form.

My dates of travel were 11 and 14 April. Two advance singles, one in each direction. Although I wasn't able to be seen by someone (and the person I ended up seeing happened to be a specialist nurse) until 16 April as we'd hit the weekend. They sent a brief clinic letter to my GP so I've uploaded a copy of that as evidence. Had to take a screenshot from the NHS app. Hopefully that will be all right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top