• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tour de France Alterations

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
The 1035 Southampton XC was placed in front of it at York too.

On the flip side the DRS guard was convinced the 1703 EMT would be put in front of his delayed 1650 locohauled off Scarborough. The TP went first, and given the EMT is non stop to York it was repeatedly held and arrived 28 down in York.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 170101

On Moderation
Joined
1 Mar 2014
Messages
8,663
How about Crosscountry's HSTs that are famously underused?

Three XC HSTs in use today. One spare at Edinburgh according to
https://www.facebook.com/CrossCountryHSTgen?fref=ts

In a way its a shame the 350/3s aren't all available as they could be deployed between Manchester and Scotland releasing 185s to strengthen across the Pennines rather than running to / from Scotland.
 
Last edited:

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,021
The 1013 Doncaster to Sheffield isn't much fun. A 2 car pacer turned up and I'd say c.150 people were left behind en route. Fair enough, Northern don't have unlimited resources but if I were a train planner I'd have been targeting this train.

The 11:13 was similar, though that was changed to terminate at Meadowhall. I caught the 11:30 Xc from Doncaster to Sheffield. ( the 11:13 was my connection on my ec advance ticket to Sheffield.)

I then got the tpe to man pic (empty west of Sheffield) so I could return on the 14:00 loco hauled service which had plenty of room on it.
 

Class 92

Member
Joined
12 May 2011
Messages
383
What were the headcodes for the Liverpool to Scarborough and Scarborough to Liverpool Services?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top