Kernowfem
Member
What you do - toss a coin to decide which one to take? :P
Ah yeah - I'm confusing two different threads...just read about that on the other thread!![]()
Ive left the defender as standard.
What you do - toss a coin to decide which one to take? :P
Ah yeah - I'm confusing two different threads...just read about that on the other thread!![]()
What R8? I'm guessing probably the Coupe?
I grew up with Landies, they are in my blood, i know what they are capable of, the disco is mainly used for off roading so it's loaded with a lift kit, wynch, snorkel etc and i use it to transport my mutt.
Ive left the defender as standard.
That off-roading malarky looks really fun! I had a dabble in a Range Rover Sport for half a day at the Land Rover experience, after I won a competition last year. It was fun on a make shift course at a hotel so I can only imagine who run it is doing it properly!
Yes. Coupe V10. Suzuka Grey with Carbon side blades and carbon mirrors. Black leather interior with grey stitching. Manual gearbox. Tried the R Tronic but was hugely inferior to the M DCT in the M3 I had.
A what??? RRS??? dear oh dear...you need a go at it in a proper 4X4
I go to scotland a lot, peak district, bodmin etc. As long as its done respectfully and you dont flatten any ramblers (which i have seen done) it can be a fantastic experience, lob the tent in the back and away you go!
I've only ever seen pictures of the Suzuka Grey. How much different to Ibis White is it in real life? Looks very similar
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I couldn't turn down a freebie![]()
Tell you what, lend me the Evo for a day and you can take the def....![]()
Haha! That's actually tempting!
I best replace the brakes so you don't kill yourself first. That's next weeks job![]()
Who needs breaks....i'll just chuck the prachute out the back....now give!!!!![]()
Yes. Coupe V10. Suzuka Grey with Carbon side blades and carbon mirrors. Black leather interior with grey stitching. Manual gearbox. Tried the R Tronic but was hugely inferior to the M DCT in the M3 I had.
I've only ever seen pictures of the Suzuka Grey. How much different to Ibis White is it in real life? Looks very similar
Who needs breaks....i'll just chuck the prachute out the back....now give!!!!![]()
Nice! Would love to have a ride in one of those. Going to run it round the Nurburgring?
I would seriously doubt it. It's just far too valuable to risk it. Even if you are careful yourself, you still have to worry about other drivers in their stripped out Golfs. Besides, to reach the limits of the car I would have to be going at seriously high speeds. Much more fun to take a cheap, stripped out car which has much lower limits of adhesion.
The R8 I will exploit on empty autobahns and twisty roads where there is very little traffic. Failing that I will just park it in my garage and look at it.![]()
Something that kernowfem may appreciate - a picture I took at MPH/TG Live (keeping on the TG theme here...) of Land Rover showcasing what they can do - it was quite cool to watch.
Apologies about the picture quality - back them I was less sure how to take non blurry photos!
True, I guess with track days you get every Peugeot with a spoiler in 50-miles turning up.
What other cars do you have?
At the moment just one. A 13 year old Ford Ka with no air conditioning and electric windows........that don't work.![]()
I guess the Audi will be a welcome relief!![]()
Cheers sellis......appreciate it![]()

You could say that. Although give it a few days and I'll be crying for my Ka again as it only costs 45 Euros to fill up as opposed to the 150 Euros it will cost to fill the R8 up. Oh, and I won't get as far on a full tank in the R8 than I will in the Ka. I must be mad.
It now has new owners and they're trying to turn it into a theme park style attraction which is putting off people going and risks the sheer existance of the place.
You could say that. Although give it a few days and I'll be crying for my Ka again as it only costs 45 Euros to fill up as opposed to the 150 Euros it will cost to fill the R8 up. Oh, and I won't get as far on a full tank in the R8 than I will in the Ka. I must be mad.
But it will be worth it to have an R8. If it were me, I'd keep the Ka for a run around and use the R8 for impressing.
Probably all the new people who were attracted after watching Top Gear!!
All petrolheads are mad!
Having a second runaround is/was always a good idea, but two lots of insurance and road tax and not driving much (just 6,000 miles pa on the car, and that's with the wife driving to work each day!) means it's just the one car for me now.
Years ago when I had an Escort Cosworth.
Yeah it was, although today the car is probably slower than many cars with an 'S' or 'GTI' badge!
I had the big turbo but in Mallard Green (looked purple/blue though). The colour to get was imperial blue.
Sadly most cars have probably been thrashed to bits, or simply crashed. They were obvious hits with boy racers, and for a while became almost affordable to the GT Turbo/RS Turbo owners.