• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tomonthetrains reports - Capital Punishment - 30 May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Joined
12 Jul 2011
Messages
1,290
Date – 30 May 2011

Title – Capital Punishment

Well well well…It’s a bank holiday so I thought…why not have some Capital Punishment courtesy of a load of new stock to bash.

First up was mega dud 168002 dragging me on 1H16 between Cradley Heath and London Marylebone for Chiltern Railways/ It completed the 120 miles 50 trip in 2 hours and 41 minutes.

Upon arrival at Marylebone, I was route RA to Burger King for breakfast then off to the Bakerloo Line to Paddington. Upon arrival there, it was straight to a new cop, 360202 on 2T30 between London Paddington and Ealing Broadway. This did the 5 mile 51 trip in 9 minutes.

I had a +2 between platforms in order to get dud 360204 between Ealing Broadway and London Paddington operating 2Y26. This did the trip in 10 minutes. Upon arrival at Paddington, I found 360204 was my return unit on 2T32.

On there, disaster struck! A red turned a +2 into a –12! Waiting 10 minutes outside Acton Main Line resulted in me missing another class 360 and made a journey time total of 20 minutes. Anyways, another new cop 166202 was my next victim on the 5 miles 51. This did it in the 10 minutes slog. This was operating service ID 2P39.

As I was running early on schedule (as I had lost 10 miles due to the red signal!), I headed down to the tube station to get a Bakerloo line service to Charing Cross. After getting lost round Charing Cross station, 465171 was my next unit, operating 2E34, which I caught to London Bridge.

375913 and 375703 were up next, heading between London Bridge and London Charing Cross. This was operating service 2W32. I think 375913 originated at Ramsgate (via Deal) and 375703 originated at Canterbury West. After that, another 465 in 465152, operating 2E36, was in order. This took me back to London Bridge where upon arrival I was RA to a drink (How thirsty was I? I had a bottle of pop, however I had finished it on 2E36!

After the drink, I nipped on the Jubilee line to Canada Water, in order to get 378144 on 9D29 for the 17 chain trip to Rotherhithe! Nothing special about that but a 5 minute wait happened, in order to get 378233 on 9F31 to Shadwell. At Shadwell, a Sausage and Chip special was in order (although I do have to say it was crap!)

A trip on the DLR was next to the maze that was Bank so I could get a Northern line service on the Bank branch (Did I need a cash withdrawal? Bank? Geddit?). I caught this service to Kings Cross St Pancras (Pancreas?) where I got 319425 on 1G30 to West Hampstead Thameslink then 319454 on 1A36 back to London St Pancras.

Upon Arrival there, it was a stroll over the road to London Kings Cross to get smiley 365519 and 365521 on 1P18 to Finsbury Park followed by 313025 and 313064 on 2Y40 back to London Kings Cross.

After a bus ride to Euston Bus Station, 378222 was my next unit, this heading from London Euston to Willesden Junction (Low Level) as 2D70. This got followed by some Bakerloo line stock from there to Marylebone.

Then I thought about heading home. 168005 was the unit that took me on 1G46 from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street with a decent arrival of 18:29. I waited on the platforms at Birmingham Moor Street to head through the tunnel to Birmingham Snow Hill. 150/1 number 150012 did the honours on 2V50
I then headed back to Birmingham Moor Street on the prototype class 154, 150002. This was operating service 2H28.

Then it was off home to Cradley Heath on 150015, 2J77
to end a really good day!

Railmiles – http://kentish121.railmiles.org/date-30may11
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Tomonthetrain said:
Date – 30 May 2011

Title – Capital Punishment

Well well well…It’s a bank holiday so I thought…why not have some Capital Punishment courtesy of a load of new stock to bash.

First up was mega dud 168002 dragging me on 1H16 between Cradley Heath and London Marylebone for Chiltern Railways/ It completed the 120 miles 50 trip in 2 hours and 41 minutes.

The good old Chiltern slog! Was it a semi-fast?

Tomonthetrain said:
Upon arrival at Marylebone, I was route RA to Burger King for breakfast then off to the Bakerloo Line to Paddington. Upon arrival there, it was straight to a new cop, 360202 on 2T30 between London Paddington and Ealing Broadway. This did the 5 mile 51 trip in 9 minutes.

Or could have got the Burger King at Padd :p. I have tried the 360 scratch before, though if I start off with a turbo then I can never catch a 360, they keep passing me otherwise since the slows are less paced out than some other local lines. Must try again soon!
There is only a short turnaround really at Paddington, so whatever goes in works straight back out. Easy if you start at Paddington but if you've already done it from Ealing, then you have 30 mins until the next one!
I would say, if you need 205, get over to Heathrow to do it on the Heathrow T1,2,3 to T4 shuttle...if it's a dud, then forget it!

I had a +2 between platforms in order to get dud 360204 between Ealing Broadway and London Paddington operating 2Y26. This did the trip in 10 minutes. Upon arrival at Paddington, I found 360204 was my return unit on 2T32.

Tomonthetrain said:
As I was running early on schedule (as I had lost 10 miles due to the red signal!), I headed down to the tube station to get a Bakerloo line service to Charing Cross. After getting lost round Charing Cross station, 465171 was my next unit, operating 2E34, which I caught to London Bridge.

375913 and 375703 were up next, heading between London Bridge and London Charing Cross. This was operating service 2W32. I think 375913 originated at Ramsgate (via Deal) and 375703 originated at Canterbury West. After that, another 465 in 465152, operating 2E36, was in order. This took me back to London Bridge where upon arrival I was RA to a drink (How thirsty was I? I had a bottle of pop, however I had finished it on 2E36!

Not a bad idea, something I do now and again, though I get distracted and run off on a 171 or 319 at Bridge meaning I don't get a lot of SET stuff in, should really try harder next time!
A killer for entering in RailMiles though!
2W32 is currently a Ramsgate to Charing with time allowance at Ashford, so back then it probably was the same.

Tomonthetrain said:
After the drink, I nipped on the Jubilee line to Canada Water, in order to get 378144 on 9D29 for the 17 chain trip to Rotherhithe! Nothing special about that but a 5 minute wait happened, in order to get 378233 on 9F31 to Shadwell. At Shadwell, a Sausage and Chip special was in order (although I do have to say it was crap!)

Mileage move!! :lol:! I remember Shadwell looking and smelling like crap anyway! Doubt I'd try the chippy there!

Tomonthetrain said:
A trip on the DLR was next to the maze that was Bank so I could get a Northern line service on the Bank branch (Did I need a cash withdrawal? Bank? Geddit?). I caught this service to Kings Cross St Pancras (Pancreas?) where I got 319425 on 1G30 to West Hampstead Thameslink then 319454 on 1A36 back to London St Pancras.

:roll: at bank joke ;) :lol:

Upon Arrival there, it was a stroll over the road to London Kings Cross to get smiley 365519 and 365521 on 1P18 to Finsbury Park followed by 313025 and 313064 on 2Y40 back to London Kings Cross.

Tomonthetrain said:
Then I thought about heading home. 168005 was the unit that took me on 1G46 from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street with a decent arrival of 18:29. I waited on the platforms at Birmingham Moor Street to head through the tunnel to Birmingham Snow Hill. 150/1 number 150012 did the honours on 2V50
I then headed back to Birmingham Moor Street on the prototype class 154, 150002. This was operating service 2H28.

Then it was off home to Cradley Heath on 150015, 2J77
to end a really good day!

Railmiles – http://kentish121.railmiles.org/date-30may11

Longest part being getting there and going home of course! Jammy run on the 150s!
Not bad mileage altogether too either!
Must do something like that myself really, and get new stations in, my book would look a lot better then! Though I think I'll still do my Waterloo to Vauxhall 455 spin and wins, a fast paced scooping session, you should try it one day if you get the chance

Cheers,

James.
 

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Joined
12 Jul 2011
Messages
1,290
The good old Chiltern slog! Was it a semi-fast?

I think it was a semi fast however I can't remember!

Or could have got the Burger King at Padd :p. I have tried the 360 scratch before, though if I start off with a turbo then I can never catch a 360, they keep passing me otherwise since the slows are less paced out than some other local lines. Must try again soon!
There is only a short turnaround really at Paddington, so whatever goes in works straight back out. Easy if you start at Paddington but if you've already done it from Ealing, then you have 30 mins until the next one!
I would say, if you need 205, get over to Heathrow to do it on the Heathrow T1,2,3 to T4 shuttle...if it's a dud, then forget it!
I think I saw at least 1 class 360 at Old Oak Common when I passed it!

Not a bad idea, something I do now and again, though I get distracted and run off on a 171 or 319 at Bridge meaning I don't get a lot of SET stuff in, should really try harder next time!
A killer for entering in RailMiles though!

I was kinda aiming for a Class 466 at the time however that got sorted in August on the Sheerness-On-Sea branch.

2W32 is currently a Ramsgate to Charing with time allowance at Ashford, so back then it probably was the same.
It was that arrangement when I went down Ashford back in August.

Mileage move!! :lol:! I remember Shadwell looking and smelling like crap anyway! Doubt I'd try the chippy there!
The chippy is nothing special anyway!

Longest part being getting there and going home of course! Jammy run on the 150s!
Back in the day, it was always 150 on Snow Hill! Now its the dreaded 172!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top