• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tipping on Amtrak

StephenHunter

Established Member
Joined
22 Jul 2017
Messages
2,926
Location
London
If you google presents for flight crew there are plenty of pages discussing this US thenominum where cabin crew can't accept tips but can accept small gifts wbich are given by passengers increasingly.
That sort of thing was apparently the norm in the Soviet Union in the 1970s.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
6,039
Location
Mostly Glasgow-ish. Mostly.
For the SW Chief and Texas Eagle + Sunset Limited I've tipped $20 to the sleeping car attendant. That was a few years back now, when I do the Zephyr possibly next year I'll tip a bit more.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,528
Location
LBK
For the SW Chief and Texas Eagle + Sunset Limited I've tipped $20 to the sleeping car attendant. That was a few years back now, when I do the Zephyr possibly next year I'll tip a bit more.
Enjoy the Zephyr. It's the top route in my book.
 

Top