• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timetabled train not appearing in journey planners

SandsofEss

Member
Joined
11 May 2014
Messages
251
I want to travel from Euston to Blackpool North on Saturday 11th July.

Avanti's published PDF timetable for this specific day shows an 09:36 Direct service.

But I can't get this to appear on any journey planner (I've tried multiple), or Real Time Trains.

Is there any precedent for day-specific summer published timetables being wrong?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,279
Can't see anything. What you say must sometimes happen. Can only suggest travelling on the 09:30 Avanti from London Euston to Glasgow Central and changing at Preston, for Blackpool North.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,464
Location
London
I want to travel from Euston to Blackpool North on Saturday 11th July.

Avanti's published PDF timetable for this specific day shows an 09:36 Direct service.

But I can't get this to appear on any journey planner (I've tried multiple), or Real Time Trains.

Is there any precedent for day-specific summer published timetables being wrong?
Looking on Timetable History it was removed from the timetable on 15th May.

It's possible things have changed since then, but that's unlikely to be reflected in journey planners until 9th July due to Network Rail's planning timeline.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,320
Location
Glasgow
Is it not one of the number of services Avanti removed for six weeks over the summer, including services on the Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool corridors?
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,769
Is it not one of the number of services Avanti removed for six weeks over the summer, including services on the Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool corridors?
Seems likely, they weren't heavily used.
 

Top