Forgive me if this isn't the right thread, but the York/Leeds closures etc are, I think, TRU related.
I understand the need to reverse from Leeds to get to York, but my 11.25 to Newcastle arrived in Leeds at about 11.10, to allow for change of ends etc and presumably to manage the western exit better, but we arrived at York at 12.05 and don't leave until 12.22. That's one hell of a lot of waiting around.
Guard has just apologised for this delay (but excused it by saying it was planned, the reasoning not going down well with a couple of people).
Presumably this is just to create maximum timing gaps in the event of any conflicts on the incoming service, but I suppose what I'm asking is why so long?
This could be in the diagram thread, I guess, but us amateurs do get a little confused sometimes, so please throw it over there if deemed appropriate.
Thank you
I understand the need to reverse from Leeds to get to York, but my 11.25 to Newcastle arrived in Leeds at about 11.10, to allow for change of ends etc and presumably to manage the western exit better, but we arrived at York at 12.05 and don't leave until 12.22. That's one hell of a lot of waiting around.
Guard has just apologised for this delay (but excused it by saying it was planned, the reasoning not going down well with a couple of people).
Presumably this is just to create maximum timing gaps in the event of any conflicts on the incoming service, but I suppose what I'm asking is why so long?
This could be in the diagram thread, I guess, but us amateurs do get a little confused sometimes, so please throw it over there if deemed appropriate.
Thank you