doubleamber
Member
Sorry if this question has come up before but I dont think this is covered in becoming a Driver..
My history,
Im 37 year old maintenance engineer whos fed up and needs that new challenge, was a big rail fan back in the day ( 47s only) doing about 50k miles a year, packed in when brush were becoming rare, and did the family stuff etc.
As a hobby I fly light aircraft and have clocked up over 300 incedent free hours in all types of aircraft from cessna 152s to 200knot twin engine aircraft.
Question being is will my engineering background anf hobby help a little in shining out in the many C.Vs on the TOC HR departments desk.
Am I to old in the companies eyes to change careers.
I have My assessment at Doncaster next month, from what i have read its pretty much PPL type tests.
Im I weeing in the wind or if I past the assessment will any rail companies look at me.
cheers for any advice
DA
My history,
Im 37 year old maintenance engineer whos fed up and needs that new challenge, was a big rail fan back in the day ( 47s only) doing about 50k miles a year, packed in when brush were becoming rare, and did the family stuff etc.
As a hobby I fly light aircraft and have clocked up over 300 incedent free hours in all types of aircraft from cessna 152s to 200knot twin engine aircraft.
Question being is will my engineering background anf hobby help a little in shining out in the many C.Vs on the TOC HR departments desk.
Am I to old in the companies eyes to change careers.
I have My assessment at Doncaster next month, from what i have read its pretty much PPL type tests.
Im I weeing in the wind or if I past the assessment will any rail companies look at me.
cheers for any advice
DA