Full Standing
Member
Hi, first post here. I started reading this forum when I moved to the UK last October, and prior to that I already observed discussions on the German ICE-Treff forum.
As part of a split ticket journey from Oxford to Glasgow Queen St bought on the forum's site, I got an anytime day single from Slough to London Underground Zone 1, with a 16-25 railcard discount. In London, I needed to transfer from Paddington to King's X, and I was wondering whether I could use this ticket on the bus as well.
I asked the GWR guard as he checked my ticket, and he said yes (but he seemed unsure whether that's really correct). Another passenger also heard my question and also confirmed that the ticket would be valid on the bus. But just to be sure, I also asked LU staff at the Paddington LU gateline. They were unsure as well and told me that the ticket would not be valid on the bus. In the end I used the tube.
So, who is in the right here? I can't find anything online unfortunately. Many thanks!
As part of a split ticket journey from Oxford to Glasgow Queen St bought on the forum's site, I got an anytime day single from Slough to London Underground Zone 1, with a 16-25 railcard discount. In London, I needed to transfer from Paddington to King's X, and I was wondering whether I could use this ticket on the bus as well.
I asked the GWR guard as he checked my ticket, and he said yes (but he seemed unsure whether that's really correct). Another passenger also heard my question and also confirmed that the ticket would be valid on the bus. But just to be sure, I also asked LU staff at the Paddington LU gateline. They were unsure as well and told me that the ticket would not be valid on the bus. In the end I used the tube.
So, who is in the right here? I can't find anything online unfortunately. Many thanks!