Andrew Nelson
Member
- Joined
- 28 Jun 2010
- Messages
- 702
Just an example of a widespread problem I've found:
For Instance, I was a Sheffield Midland on Sunday 22/08/10.
Wanting to travel to Leeds, via no particular point, as have a Concessionary pass that allows Me to use any Rail Service in My county of West Yorkshire, for 50p. I therefore tried to buy a ticket from Sheffield to the first Station in West Yorkshire a Service would call at.
Unfortunately, the fares I was offered by the Ticket Machines were hugely inflated.
For instance:
The fare from Sheffield to either Moorthorpe or Denby Dale, is £3.90 each Single. However, the Price offered by the Machines were £7.50 and £9.60!!!
This was a "Cheap Day Single" (Major Problem if it takes more than a Day)
I tried both the "Northern" Machine, and the "East Midland" Machines, with exactly the same result.
I had already reported this anomaly several Months ago, yet still same problem after a price-rise.
I went to the Ticket window, and actually went via Darton, and paid £3.60 + 50p.
How many People get Royally Screwed by this situation?
Unfortunately, Folks may think the Machines are correct, and not have time to Queue at a Window....
For Instance, I was a Sheffield Midland on Sunday 22/08/10.
Wanting to travel to Leeds, via no particular point, as have a Concessionary pass that allows Me to use any Rail Service in My county of West Yorkshire, for 50p. I therefore tried to buy a ticket from Sheffield to the first Station in West Yorkshire a Service would call at.
Unfortunately, the fares I was offered by the Ticket Machines were hugely inflated.
For instance:
The fare from Sheffield to either Moorthorpe or Denby Dale, is £3.90 each Single. However, the Price offered by the Machines were £7.50 and £9.60!!!
This was a "Cheap Day Single" (Major Problem if it takes more than a Day)
I tried both the "Northern" Machine, and the "East Midland" Machines, with exactly the same result.
I had already reported this anomaly several Months ago, yet still same problem after a price-rise.
I went to the Ticket window, and actually went via Darton, and paid £3.60 + 50p.
How many People get Royally Screwed by this situation?
Unfortunately, Folks may think the Machines are correct, and not have time to Queue at a Window....
Last edited by a moderator:
.