• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket help London to East Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Established Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
1,613
I wish to travel from St Pancras to Sleaford via the MML, day return in the next 2 weeks.

As the weather looks unpredictable and the lower advance quotas have filled, a flexible ticket is probably best.

According to brfares.com STP-SLR tickets are routed via Peterborough which I don't want, so I will need several tickets.

I will travel when restriction CJ is not in force. I intend to break my journey at some or all of Market Harborough, Leicester and Nottingham.

Is there anything cheaper than SUPER OFFPEAK R London to Bingham £69 plus OFF-PEAK DAY R Bingham to Sleaford £12.60?

Also BIN-SLR is routed via Grantham. Would this mean it is technically not valid on the 1 or 2 trains per day which avoid Grantham?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,288
Location
Connah's Quay
I haven't checked when CJ allows, but a super off peak return from West Hampstead Stations to Sleaford is valid via London and Nottingham according to nre.co.uk*. That's a bit cheaper at £71.10 return.

* You may need to delete any nationalrail.co.uk cookies you have for this link to open correctly.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,981
Location
Airedale
I haven't checked when CJ allows, but a super off peak return from West Hampstead Stations to Sleaford is valid via London and Nottingham according to nre.co.uk*. That's a bit cheaper at £71.10 return.
It carries 9D which is the same from STP and allows BOJ both ways; however, there is a severe morning restriction into STP (not that it should matter in this case).
 

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
That £71.10 ticket has restriction 9D so no outward weekday departure from St Pancras before 1005.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top