• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket gates in the West Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
York is a manned station, and the last time I was there, there were ticket checks at the barrier on the concourse, mind you that was back in GNER days.

Obviously the sort of delinquents I am talking about do not spend their time around large manned stations, and the comment was not meant to be read in that way.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,190
Location
0035
Looks like they've given up on ticket gates at University. The last few tmes I've been through the exit gates have been locked open and a human has been checking tickets of people entering the station. I always thought they didn't have enough and the station was probably getting dangerously busy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top