• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket acceptance (during Watford blockade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEAN MURPHY

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
248
I am travelling to Burton on Trent on Thursday and coming back on Sunday, and have a super off peak return ticket using London midland and connections.

I have been advised by London midland customer relations today that I can use this ticket to get back to London on Sunday using east midland trains into St Pancras as they will be accepted.

Can anyone clarify this please because of the Watford blockade....

Many thanks
Dean
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/journey-planning/watford%20improvement%20works%20/

If you already have a valid London Midland ticket or season ticket for travel on the Euston Line or the Abbey Line, your ticket will be accepted on the following train operators during the closures (not including Monday 11th and Monday 18th August); Chiltern Railways, First Capital Connect, East Midlands Trains and Cross Country (between Nuneaton and Leicester), as well as selected London Overground and London Underground routes.

A leaflet is available here (PDF format)
 

DEAN MURPHY

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
248
Thank you guys. It's the return on the Sunday I need to know about though. I have a super off peak return London midland and connections only. Disabled railcard and the price is £17.80. They said I can go burton to derby to London st pancreas but just wanted to check it was valid as I can never tell wether the staff actually know what is going on in London midland!
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,627
Location
Isle of Man
If you have it in writing then take a copy with you. I don't imagine it would be a problem, as EMT are accepting tickets.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,627
Location
Isle of Man
I can see certain XC conductors having a problem with it if they've been told they're only accepting tickets between Nuneaton and Leicester

Possibly, although the ticket is LM & Connections and would usually be valid on XC to Burton on Trent.
 

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
Sorry to post on an oldish post, but my question is relevant but doesn't justify its own thread.

I assume a Burton - London (LM+XC) would be valid via derby during the blockade.
Would time restrictions still stand though. E.g on the super off peak return has restrictions departing London on LM only, would these apply on a Sat on EMT?

Thanks.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
Unless there are relaxations of time restrictions, they probably do apply. You'd need to ask LM for the official answer.

In practice, I doubt any EMT Guards (well, apart from those reading this forum!) would even be aware of any LM restrictions on Saturdays, as it's completely counter-intuitive to have Saturday restrictions. There are only two TOCs that I know of (LM & Chiltern) who do.
 

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
Unless there are relaxations of time restrictions, they probably do apply. You'd need to ask LM for the official answer.

In practice, I doubt any EMT Guards (well, apart from those reading this forum!) would even be aware of any LM restrictions on Saturdays, as it's completely counter-intuitive to have Saturday restrictions. There are only two TOCs that I know of (LM & Chiltern) who do.



I was told by EMT on twitter that the restrictions still apply, I will use it tomorrow instead.
On NRE the restriction does NOT state LM trains, only trains timed to depart London. I couldn't do it on a technicality. ;)
Although BRfares and Avantix Traveller both have LM stated in the conditions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top