If the first sign you see is above the door as you leave the train, it is far far far too late to do anything about it.
I think the plan is to raise awareness amongst regular fare dodgers. It's not too early to do the right thing next time.
If the first sign you see is above the door as you leave the train, it is far far far too late to do anything about it.
I'd agree with that sentiment.I think the plan is to raise awareness amongst regular fare dodgers. It's not too early to do the right thing next time.
Thinking about this thread a bit more is not a better example of ignoring court correspondence rather than fare dodging? If this chap appeared at court it would have cost him less.
he probably had better things to do with his time than go to Court.![]()
Well if you ignore the court letters the problem goes awayThinking about this thread a bit more is not a better example of ignoring court correspondence rather than fare dodging? If this chap appeared at court it would have cost him less.
I would not be at all surprised if this individual claims he has no money and no assets and thus will offer to pay the fines etc at the rate of £1 a week.
And of course with a criminal record he may find it more difficult to get gainful employment to earn the money to pay the fine.......
Or he'll pay it out of his dole money
Someone I know who works at a Tesco petrol station had to come out at night to tell someone they had to put the fuel nozzle back in the pump - and was told that she had better things to do with her time and refused. So she had to do it!
What the hell is going on? What's happened to society?! Surely the pump can't even 'close' the sale if you leave the nozzle on the floor?
I would not be at all surprised if this individual claims he has no money and no assets and thus will offer to pay the fines etc at the rate of £1 a week.
And of course with a criminal record he may find it more difficult to get gainful employment to earn the money to pay the fine.......
I would be surprised. The number of people fiddling the benefit system is miniscule. Even more so when compared to the number not claiming what they are entitled to. I don't claim income support because I can cope.
In many states in the USA you automatically lose your driving licence if you are caught driving away without paying.
As you mentioned the USA should that not be license?
Sorry.......![]()