• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Third class rail travel on the way back - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,048
Location
Yorkshire
I must, hand on heart, prior to my retirement, admit to have been a senior member of the top management at our consultancy who travelled first-class on railway lines where this was afforded.We also had an account with a company that offered the use of chauffeur-driven limousine fleet cars to areas that had no rail service.

I remember once travelling on a first advance (with my director) on the wrong train, on GNER as it then was. Thankfully we weren't questioned.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2011
Messages
3,042
Location
Groningen
I like the idea of a class below standard. Personally, I would make one coach on EC leeds-london 2+3 seating from a pacer and put all the £13 advance people there, leaving the 2+2 standard class seats for those of us with flexible tickets.

I would quite like to travel in "shipping container class" on an intercity journey, were there a suitable discount for doing so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top