If you're interested in discussing that one further, there's a whole thread on motorway services:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/motorway-services-discussion.259862/
For what it's worth, this is part of the reason I like Tebay, Gloucester, Cairn Lodge, etc. I don't like rushing my meals, and I prefer a 'home cooked' meal to burgers. At Tebay where I stop regularly, you get a decent hearty meal, or freshly prepared wraps and salads, served on a china plate with metal cutlery at a decent table with a nice view. The outdoor areas are looked after to eat outside on a nice day, and places to walk the dog when breaking up long journeys. Ok there's no table service (though Tebay did do table service for us once when I was travelled with a disabled relative), but can't have everything I suppose!
Although the quality was not quite Tebay level, I always thought Little Chef was a good franchise for similar reasons.
On long journeys I plan my stops to be at decent services or very short detours to quality local ameneties. A lot of my journeys are in the Highlands and this is a bit easier as independent sit-down meal food places are more common on the A roads than McDonald's and BK!