• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The worst thing for me about train travel is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
28 Feb 2017
Messages
240
delay repay. Not the principle but the admin. You have to work out which firm is responsible for the delay, probably have to create yet another internet account with them, perhaps have them wrongly bump it to a different firm, and eventually pay you. I have 4 or 5 accounts with different TOCs, and their websites are all suspiciously similar to each other.

The whole thing would be far simpler if there were central delay repay portal that decided which firm was responsible for any delay claim and referred it to the correct operator.

Rant over!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lachlan

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2019
Messages
1,171
People playing music/TikToks without headphones. I find it very distracting and can't focus on anything else. I also don't particularly enjoy telling people to mute their phones but sometimes feel I have to.
 

Skiddaw

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2020
Messages
477
Location
Penrith
For me, unless I'm travelling a very short distance (Penrith to Carlisle for example) it's the general anxiety about wondering whether train/s I want to catch will be running/terminating at Preston/massively delayed/jammer because the previous three trains have been cancelled (etc). It would be SO lovely to have a few days with my best friend without compulsively checking National Rail Enquiries to see how much hassle I'm going to have to go through to get back to Penrith.
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,292
The worst thing for me about train travel is...

Last train(s) of the day being cancelled, particularly on a medium/long distance journey.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top