• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The western highlander & Jacobite statesman 2 day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzawba92

Member
Joined
24 Mar 2017
Messages
85
Location
Tipton
Hi all, anyone have information on the trains return journey? Just checked RTT & it's saying It's been cancelled at Crianlarich.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Highlandspring

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2017
Messages
2,777
This was because of a derailed wagon on a ballast train between Crianlarich and Ardlui this morning. It was only a very minor derailment and the wagon has been rerailed but further work is needed to make the track fit for traffic, so the line isn't open yet. I understand the passengers are going forward on coaches and the stock is returning to Fort William.
 

thetangoman

Member
Joined
26 Feb 2013
Messages
113
Location
Helensburgh
This was because of a derailed wagon on a ballast train between Crianlarich and Ardlui this morning. It was only a very minor derailment and the wagon has been rerailed but further work is needed to make the track fit for traffic, so the line isn't open yet. I understand the passengers are going forward on coaches and the stock is returning to Fort William.

Hi I was on the Sprinter service from Oban last night an it hit a tree between Crianlarich and Ardlui. The train staff did manage to get the tree free from the train but I wonder if it damaged the track and caused the derailment
 

Highlandspring

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2017
Messages
2,777
Hi I was on the Sprinter service from Oban last night an it hit a tree between Crianlarich and Ardlui. The train staff did manage to get the tree free from the train but I wonder if it damaged the track and caused the derailment
Nope, nothing to do with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top