• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The West London line

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
2,172
All very nice on paper, but the conflicts and pathing to make something like this work would be crazy. Surely far better to use the existing resources to run a high frequency (every 15 mins?) service from Clapham Junction to Watford Junction? This should still give space for freight paths (they are timed the same as passenger trains from Latchmere Junc to Wembley Yard South Junc if I am reading it right from Real Time Trains). Although not sure that there are the right turnaround facilities at CJ.


It would be a nightmare to run now, of course it could resurface in the 2040s or 2050s as a way to relieve Crossrail if the R25 line ever comes into fruition, in the meantime they should put the crayons away for this one
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,643
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
The WLL is surprisingly busy if everything runs. It also doesn't feel a quick line, Wembley - Shepherd's Bush feels like a stagger given the line speeds and the AC/DC switch, I know a lot of people who commute Watford - south of Clapham Junction and they prefer going via Euston and the tube.

I'm finding I prefer to do East Croydon to Bletchley of an evening by Thameslink to St P, walk to Euston, then LM.

Yes, it's grindingly slow, particularly the bit near the WCML. Must be some scope for improvement.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,643
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Although not sure that there are the right turnaround facilities at CJ.

Platform 17 (and possibly 16) is exclusively used for the WLL so I don't see why not.

While I like the MKC through service, I'd probably choose a high frequency WFJ-CLJ service over it, provided a south WCML local service from Euston was added back in to replace the lost stops.

Another option that would work would be to bin it off completely, build WCML platforms at Willesden, and stop all (or most) LMs there.
 

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Joined
21 Jun 2013
Messages
1,700
I'd suggest trying the NRE journey planner with your planned route using via points

I was hoping to avoid that, it will need several "avoiding" as well because almost any other route will come up as faster! Which where we came in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top