• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Wandering Willow (inc. Newhaven Marine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
2,676
Location
Trowbridge
from the blurb "The train will be formed of the preserved 'Hastings' Diesel Unit 1001, topped and tailed by GBRf Class 73 and 66 locomotives throughout."

So am I correct in thinking 1001 won't be powering?
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
from the blurb "The train will be formed of the preserved 'Hastings' Diesel Unit 1001, topped and tailed by GBRf Class 73 and 66 locomotives throughout."

So am I correct in thinking 1001 won't be powering?

I dunno, I was copying from that :D
 

garnon

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2008
Messages
108
from the blurb "The train will be formed of the preserved 'Hastings' Diesel Unit 1001, topped and tailed by GBRf Class 73 and 66 locomotives throughout."

So am I correct in thinking 1001 won't be powering?

On last years charity run (also T&T class 73 and 66) 1001 didn't do anything except out of Richmond (i think the loco had been left behind at that point) - so assume it will not be powering.
 

Dennis

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
2,676
Location
Trowbridge
That's what I assumed, otherwise no point having the locos; would be tempted if it wasn't for the thought of being dragged around in a perfectly loud DEMU by a shoebox and a shed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top