• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
This small extract from the rules should be noted for future reference, as it is of help to contestants who have to make the following posting to it.

In what area is Heartlands Hospital situated ?

That is all it says in the timetable....

Some googling has told me it is in Solihul.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2012
Messages
5,534
Location
Basingstoke
It's in the Alum Rock area. We now join National Express West Midlands Route 97A from Alum Rock, Alston Road (the main road at the front of the hospital) at 1837 to Stechford, Station Road arriving at 1843 Monday evening.
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
We then take the 19:15 NXWM bus no 900 to Birmingham International (Birmingham International railway station) arriving there at 19:29 Monday Evening
 

Class20

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2010
Messages
232
Location
Bamber Bridge
We call it a night and return to the station the next morning. We catch the 07:30 ATW service to Shrewsbury, arriving at 09:26 Tuesday morning
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
We continue on the 0940 ATW service to Johnston, ariving at 1416 Tuesday afternoon
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
We then explore the town, and after picking up a timetable, decide a move on the 15:23 ATW service to Wilmslow arriving there at 20:40 Tuesday Afternoon
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
We call it a night and join the 09:37 Tomlinson Travel route 49 to Northwich Interchange, arriving 10:00 Wednesday
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
We then wait around for a few minutes before boarding 2D46 the 10:12 Northern Rail Service to Mouldsworth arriving there at 10:31 Wednesday Morning
 

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
New to this - hope I have it right!

Jump back on the train for the 10:31 Northern Rail departure to Chester, arriving at 10:45 on Wednesday.
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
New to this - hope I have it right!

Jump back on the train for the 10:31 Northern Rail departure to Chester, arriving at 10:45 on Wednesday.

Sorry, I'm afraid that's against the rules:

Game moves
You must depart from the station or stop where the previous post arrived using a permitted timetabled public transport service. The minimum connection time for the station or stop must be allowed for. Where this is not published, a minimum interchange time is considered to be five minutes. You may not reboard the service used by the previous post. In your post you should clearly state the time your service departs, the company who's service you are using and the time and day of arrival at your chosen destination. If arriving by bus or coach then you name should the area in addition to the stop name.

You'll get the hang of it soon :)
 

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
Sorry, I'm afraid that's against the rules:

Game moves
You must depart from the station or stop where the previous post arrived using a permitted timetabled public transport service. The minimum connection time for the station or stop must be allowed for. Where this is not published, a minimum interchange time is considered to be five minutes. You may not reboard the service used by the previous post. In your post you should clearly state the time your service departs, the company who's service you are using and the time and day of arrival at your chosen destination. If arriving by bus or coach then you name should the area in addition to the stop name.

You'll get the hang of it soon :)

Oh bother - apologies!! I'm struggling to find a move then, as there are no buses apparently according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/posters/MLD.pdf
 

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
The 10:31 train was a different train to the one which dumped me there - does that not count? Not entirely sure what I need to be doing.

Once I get it, then I'll be sorted going forward :)
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
The 10:31 train was a different train to the one which dumped me there - does that not count? Not entirely sure what I need to be doing.

Once I get it, then I'll be sorted going forward :)

If it was a different service, there has to be 5 mins between arrival & departure unless the offical connection time is less. :)

As far as I can see we got off the 09:17 ex-Manchester Piccadilly and got straight back on it. Unfortunately, teh rules don't allow for that.
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
The 10:31 train was a different train to the one which dumped me there - does that not count? Not entirely sure what I need to be doing.

Once I get it, then I'll be sorted going forward :)

No, I got us to Mouldsworth on the 10:31 Arrival which then continues to Chester.
 

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
Sorry - I was reading the post above!

Can we try the Northern Rail service to Manchester Piccadilly departing 11:18 and arriving at 12:36 on the Wednesday?
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Sorry - I was reading the post above!

Can we try the Northern Rail service to Manchester Piccadilly departing 11:18 and arriving at 12:36 on the Wednesday?

That'll do nicely.

We take the 13:10 Bluebird (or is it Stagecoach Manchester now?) route 173 to Stepping Hill Hospital, arriving 14:09 Wednesday
 
Last edited:

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
The Stagecoach Manchester 307 bus departing Stepping Hill Hospital at 14:18, arriving at Stockport Bus Station at 14:35 on Wednesday.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
We take the 14:52 Stagecoach Manchester route 383 to Bredbury, Vernon Park, arriving 15:04 Wednesday
 
Last edited:

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
Catch the Stagecoach Manchester service 384 at 15:49 to Marple, Brabyns Brow/Marple Station, arriving 15:55 on Wednesday.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top