Xenophon PCDGS
Veteran Member
Being somewhat unsure of omnibus routes here, we next take the 1630 GA service to Wivenhoe that arrives there at 1638 on Friday afternoon.
Saturday morning sees us decide on a change of mode of travel, so taking advantage of the fact that we are fortunate to be in a settlement with a railway station, we make our way there and board the 0847 GA service to Ipswich that arrives there at 0925 on Saturday morning.
The idea of the games is that you continue from the station/stop where the previous post left you. There isn't always a bus stop immediately outside the station so sometimes a short walk is required but this should only be to a bus stop that would be considered serving the station.
Blimey! If i'd realised it was going to cause this much hassle i would've alighted at the railway station and not gone on to Moggys. I only wanted to get supplies to sustain me through the day.In this case, I don't the Morrisons stop would be considered as the bus stop serving the station. Anyone wanting to use rail as their onward transport would have alighted at the rail station and not continued to Morrisons.
Yes, the last valid move leaves as at Whitham (Morrisons) at 0813 on Saturday. I will give Paul the first opportunity to post a new move from there after which we will continue. I have also clarified the rules on walking to show that you may only walk to a stop serving the same location when changing modes.Can we resolve this quickly and move on please?
Unfortunately we can't get another suitable connection this evening so seek accommodation for the night. The following morning we board the 07:30 Stephensons 91 bus to Witham (Morrisons) arriving 08:13 on Saturday morning
Being Saturday evening, we are mindful of onward omnibus connections, so we decide to wait for the 2030 First in Suffolk and Norfolk service 23A to New Costessey (Dolphin Road) that arrives there at 2119 on Saturday evening.
I AM GOING TO FORMERLY REQUEST THAT THE RULES OF THIS QUIZ BE AMENDED TO SHOW THAT CHALLANGES TO A POSTING THOUGHT TO BE REASON FOR QUERY MUST BE MADE WITHIN THREE POSTINGS HAVING BEEN MADE. IN THIS CASE, NO LESS THAN FIVE POSTINGS HAD BEEN MADE BEFORE HALT WAS CALLED. (I have "struck-through" no less than three of my previous postings as a result of making matters clear since that adjudication can be made).
We find we don't have too long to wait before the First in Norfolk & Suffolk service 21A arrives. We board this 22:17 departure and alight at Old Catton (Proctor Road) at 22:51 Saturday
If I read what you've posted here correctly then the problem with that Paul is that not everyone is able to check this quiz every day. If I find a mistake or an error, I will challenge it regardless of how long its been since the original post was made. If a mistake or error is ignored then the rules of the game are surly made redundant. Challenging a post is often a good way of reminding people of the rules. Plus it could lead to people thinking that a certain move is valid when in fact its not, as no challenge has been made on their post.