• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
Taking the five minute walk along Leabridge Road to the bus stop on Parkway Roundabout, we then board the 0006 National Express West Midlands service 11 to Walsall (Wednesbury Road/Corporation Street), arriving there at 0020 in the early hours of Monday morning.
 

InterCity:125

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2018
Messages
352
Location
Bristol
We then walk 3mins to west bromwitch street and hop aboard the 4:37 service to churchfeild, church vale arriving at 4:50 on a Monday.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
It's the Diamond Bus service 4

We then get the 04:55 Diamond Bus service 40 to Wednesbury Bus Station (Stand B), arriving at 05:14 Monday morning.
 

ExpressTrain

Member
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
49
We then walk 7 minutes to Wolverhampton Station to board the 0610 West Midlands Railway Service 2J00 to Shrewsbury which arrives there at 0700 on Monday morning.
 

InterCity:125

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2018
Messages
352
Location
Bristol
We then walk 10mins to Newtown station and board the 12:03 Arriva Trains Wales service to Pwllheli arriving at 15:10 on Monday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
We then board the 2355 First Manchester service 68 to Little Hulton (Spa Tavern), arriving there at 0041 in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
 

InterCity:125

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2018
Messages
352
Location
Bristol
We then walk 7mins to session st and board the 5:43 first greater Manchester 36 Service to Bolton green ln arriving at 5:53 on Tuesday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
I think you need to re-check your area information names as that area of arrival is in Great Lever......not in Bolton.

It doesn't matter, a quick check on Google Maps proves where it is; I've found it in no time.

We then board the 0602 First Manchester service 36 to Pendleton (Rossall Way), arriving there at 0652 on Tuesday morning.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,461
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
It doesn't matter, a quick check on Google Maps proves where it is; I've found it in no time.

But that is not the answer to the point that I raised. If a posting carries the named area of a settlement, that in itself should be enough to allow the person making the next posting without the need for "Sherlock Holmes-type" of geographical research to enable clarification of what seems to be far too much of a generalisation. I remain unconvinced, as I expected my point was worthy of raising, being said in the true spirit of this particular thread.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
But that is not the answer to the point that I raised. If a posting carries the named area of a settlement, that in itself should be enough to allow the person making the next posting without the need for "Sherlock Holmes-type" of geographical research to enable clarification of what seems to be far too much of a generalisation. I remain unconvinced, as I expected my point was worthy of raising, being said in the true spirit of this particular thread.

It's not ideal I know, but it shouldn't raise too many issues in posting the next move.

A general reminder perhaps for all of us to ensure we're checking our settlements in future :)
 

Top