• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Esker-pades

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2015
Messages
3,784
Location
Beds, Bucks, or somewhere else
We walk the short distance to the Bloomsbury Way bus stop, where we board the 18:00 Go-Ahead London Central route 171 service to Bellingham, Catford Bus Garage, arriving there at 19:19 on a Sunday.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
We then get the 20:30 Southeastern service 1H02 to Hastings, arriving at 21:39 Sunday evening.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
We then get the 05:03 Southeastern service 2W05 to London Cannon Street, arriving at 06:22 Mondat morning.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,037
Location
Gloucester
Exiting the station and heading to the bus stops on Vauxhall Bridge Road, we then board the 0830 Arriva London service 2 to West Norwood (Library), arriving there at 0910 on Monday morning.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
We then get the 12:35 Thameslink service 9T24 to Harlington, arriving at 13:35 Monday afternoon.
 

InterCity:125

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2018
Messages
352
Location
Bristol
We walk 7mins to Portland street and board the 16:27 Brighton and hove coaster 12 to newhaven, railway station interchange arriving at 17:09 on a Monday.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,455
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
I take it this is in Eastbourne?

Meads, plus the area street identifier, is the name in the information that I accessed.

May I ask you to view a previous posting # 16887 made on 25th July of this year which had exactly the same information and at that time was followed on by the next posting without any query being made.
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,037
Location
Gloucester
Meads, plus the area street identifier, is the name in the information that I accessed.

May I ask you to view a previous posting # 16887 made on 25th July of this year which had exactly the same information and at that time was followed on by the next posting without any query being made.

Yes well I didn't make the following posting so I wouldn't have known.

Which source did you use? Just so that I can plan my next move? A look on Google Maps shows Meads to be South East of the Winter Gardens.
 

DanTrain

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2017
Messages
753
Location
Sheffield
Since my posting has been the cause of confusion, I have now struck it through.

The posting above is where the thread should be continued
I don't really get what all the fuss is about, Meads is a suburb of Eastbourne found to the South West of the city centre. Whilst the stop in question could be perceived to be in Eastbourne rather than in Meads, simply copying the location into Google Maps immeadiatly brings you to the right place. I would suggest carrying on from your stop Paul.
 

DanTrain

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2017
Messages
753
Location
Sheffield
We next board the 1721 Brighton and Hove Coaster service 12A to Meads (the bus stop adjacent to Winter Garden on Compton Street) that arrives there at 1810 on Monday afternoon.
From the Winter Gardens we walk 0.3 miles to Memorial Roundabout, where we board the 18:50 Stagecoach South East service 99 'The Wave' to Hastings, opp Pier, arriving exactly one hour later at 19:49 Monday evening.
 

Top