ValleyLines142
Established Member
Leaving the station, we head to the Station Road bus stop and board the 1556 Go North East Tyne Valley service 10 to Newcastle (Eldon Square), arriving there at 1712 on Thursday.
I can see a 0530 service 389 towards Ashton, a 0545 service 350 towards Ashton and a 0556 service 231 towards Piccadilly before your quoted service, admittedly not all from the same stop but certainly within a 0.5 mile distance, so I am unsure of your interpretation of 'not much in the way of buses so early in the morning'....Not much in the way of buses so early in the morning, so we next board the 0610 Stagecoach Manchester service 350 to Waterhead (the bus stop opposite Church Street East on Huddersfield Road) that arrives there at 0659 on Friday.
We next board the 1115 D&G Bus service 130 to Wythenshawe (Interchange), arriving there at 1227 on Friday.We next take the 10.54 D&G Bus service 10 the short hop to Macclesfield Bus Station arriving at 10.58 on Friday.
Since when have Brighton & Hove operated the 100? I was under the impression it was Metrobus?Avoiding the magnetic attration of Gatwick Airport, we take the 2 minute walk to the bus station and depart at 0031 on Brighton & Hove, t/a Metrobus, service Fastway 100, from which we alight at Salfords, Church at 0102 on Saturday.
We next board the 0625 London United service 418 to Kingston-upon-Thames (Kingston University/County Hall), arriving there at 0717 on Saturday.Time for a shorter than usual overnight break before taking the 05.13 Metrobus service 460 to Epsom, Clock Tower arriving at 06.06 on Saturday.
Metrobus is just a trading name of B&H these days, so legally it is B&H, hence I put Brighton & Hove, t/a Metrobus...Since when have Brighton & Hove operated the 100? I was under the impression it was Metrobus?
Oh.Metrobus is just a trading name of B&H these days, so legally it is B&H, hence I put Brighton & Hove, t/a Metrobus...
I was of the understanding that if there were buses running from the stop that you arrived at, it was politic to use that bus stop, rather than walk to other bus stops not in the same location. From what you say, I have been labouring under a misapprehension since "the days of Zoe".....I can see a 0530 service 389 towards Ashton, a 0545 service 350 towards Ashton and a 0556 service 231 towards Piccadilly before your quoted service, admittedly not all from the same stop but certainly within a 0.5 mile distance, so I am unsure of your interpretation of 'not much in the way of buses so early in the morning'....
We take the five minute walk to Milestone House (stop UW) for the 07.48 Transport UK service 465 to Dorking, Rose Hill arriving at 08.38 on Saturday.We next board the 0625 London United service 418 to Kingston-upon-Thames (Kingston University/County Hall), arriving there at 0717 on Saturday.