All our work travel is through a central team. I asked them to book BSK > EXD for next Tuesday 17th, via RDG (I need to be in EXD before 10:00 which rules out WoE route)
Theyve booked me a £119.90 Anytime Single splitting at Pewsey. 06:51>09:27
I found £74 Advance Single on the forum:
tickets-beta.railforums.co.uk
The only difference is the Forum tckst uses the earlier GWR train BSK>RDG and the Trainline suggests a later 06:51 XC (although of course its Anytime)
(The forum also has tickets for the 06:51 connection, multi splits £90.51)
I was a little surpised, so asked them to look again whilst I watched to see if there were any odd check boxes selected, got the same results.
tried again at home today on the Trainline (non business) just put in BSK > EXD leaving at 06:00, comes back the same £119.90 (but with an extra booking fee, just to rub it in!)
www.thetrainline.com
Any ideas whats going on here?
I work for a public sector organisation so every penny counts. Does the forum ticketing site have a business offer? I might try and persuade them to move! (although we arent talking loads of £££s sadly, see above)
Theyve booked me a £119.90 Anytime Single splitting at Pewsey. 06:51>09:27
I found £74 Advance Single on the forum:
Ticket Information | RailUK Tickets
TrainSplit is a free service that makes it easy to find the cheapest train tickets for your journey.
The only difference is the Forum tckst uses the earlier GWR train BSK>RDG and the Trainline suggests a later 06:51 XC (although of course its Anytime)
(The forum also has tickets for the 06:51 connection, multi splits £90.51)
I was a little surpised, so asked them to look again whilst I watched to see if there were any odd check boxes selected, got the same results.
tried again at home today on the Trainline (non business) just put in BSK > EXD leaving at 06:00, comes back the same £119.90 (but with an extra booking fee, just to rub it in!)
Search Results | Trainline
Trainline, your quick & easy way to book train tickets across Europe. ✓ Save 61% on UK Rail ✓ Live Train Times ✓ Save with a Railcard ✓ Get the app
Any ideas whats going on here?
I work for a public sector organisation so every penny counts. Does the forum ticketing site have a business offer? I might try and persuade them to move! (although we arent talking loads of £££s sadly, see above)