• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'The Royal Scots Grey' (Spitfire) - 4th, 5th, 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
What a terrible day out. I couldn’t get any wifi signal and there seemed to be a big clear thing next to my seat rather than the view of white plastic land I am used to! The seat itself was a disgrace; all soft and large and comfortable. Terrible. Also there was no free food in the first class section I was sat in. I almost couldn’t get off the train in Preston because the doors didn’t open automatically. I mean I had to LEAN out of the window and use a handle! FFS this is the 21st centaury! Finally, there was a big blue noisy thing at the front end which didn’t bend over on the corners. :lol::lol::lol:

Really it was a great day out. Wish i could have done all three days but I could only manage the Sunday. Well worth the £25 I paid for the run form Euston to Preston.

I echo entirely what NedChester has said. The loco was a credit to her owners and performed superbly. The turn out of the locomotive alone was a credit, let alone the performance! Wonderful day out and I met some great people. Thanks for the beers! :D

There a re a few pictures on my Flickr. More to come when I finish editing them. Not bad ones even if i had to use the camera phone due a shortage of electricity on the main camera! Doh!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

60163

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2011
Messages
515
Location
All around Sloane Square
What a weekend. Got RSg at Stafford on the friday, then the Duke at Stafford + Bham Int. on saturday, then me n' me dad went down our local branch line to Lichfield Trent Valley and saw RSG power through. Fantastic stuff, video soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top