• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Railway; Keeping Britain on Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymothian

Member
Joined
26 Sep 2010
Messages
756
Location
Plymouth
As the previous thread is locked, just seen a trailer; the BBC Documentary has been picked up by Really, for those who missed it first time/want to relive.

Missed the start date, but watch a UKTV channel for the trailer.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2012
Messages
1,599
Location
Chingford
Talking of which, we're still waiting for the final episode of Route Masters: Running London's Roads and the second series of The Tube!
 

Michael.Y

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2011
Messages
1,437
All of the BBC Railway series is, er, on a well-known video sharing website that possibly rhymes with BooRube.
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,892
Location
South Wales
Talking of which, we're still waiting for the final episode of Route Masters: Running London's Roads and the second series of The Tube!

I have posted a question about this on the district dave forum.

As for the Route Masters: Running London's Roads series I believe the final episode was pulled because of some legal action
 

Chris125

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
3,270
Location
Isle of Wight
Talking of which, we're still waiting for the final episode of Route Masters: Running London's Roads and the second series of The Tube!

It doesn't look like there's going to be a second series of The Tube sadly, I think the reports of filming were connected to the 'Underground History' episode.

Chris
 

Be3G

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2012
Messages
1,599
Location
Chingford
That'd be a shame – in my opinion, The Tube was the best of all of the recent public-transport-related fly-on-the-wall documentaries. A post on District Dave's forum a year ago said the following:

Just thought I'd let you know that you can expect a new series next year. A member of the Blast! Films team has approached and informed me that they will be filming at three locations on New Year's Eve, with my station being one of them :o

The footage that will be shot on New Year's Eve will be for a one off episode, and the program will be about the history of the Underground. I was also told that they'll be back on the combine in the new year to film footage for a full second series!

Alas plans can change, I suppose. :(
 

Chris125

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
3,270
Location
Isle of Wight
I hope I'm wrong, but I've not seen any reports of filming since what was done for the 'history' episode unfortunately.

Chris
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,892
Location
South Wales
According one poster on the read I created on District Dave they seem to have been doing some further filming so perhaps there is hope.

As for that last episode of the routemasters as we saw from the trailers there is a supposed inccident between Bicyle & bus so there could be a good reason why the BBC have held it back especially after the recent spate of cycllists being killed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top