dk1
Veteran Member
Must be costing a bit!!
A large proportion of which should be covered by the tanker drivers insurance claim so no problem.
Must be costing a bit!!
A large proportion of which should be covered by the tanker drivers insurance claim so no problem.
Not every coach. Most coaches, quite probably, but not all. I know because I was sat on one a couple of weeks agoAs far as I am aware there are eight of these style seats at the ends of each coach on all NXEA IC sets - two on either side at either end![]()
Nice find.. I wonder if the wagn website is lurking around anywhere..for all thoes whom are interested, to see the ONE railway website here this is not spam
disregarded with domain extension onerailway website is full live and active like it was from 2004 so if you are nostalgic here is the site
its like a time warp i am not to clear why this has been kept, nor am i sure why theu choose Lostproperty as the default word?
http://lostproperty.onerailway.com/
If you haven't already seen it the National Express ONE railway website is live and Fully working,
I send a random email off to customer.services@onerailway.com and today i had a response!
whilst being explained ONE was a former National Express brand and that the new email was ..... so we can still communicate with ONE amazing!
sad i know but had to be done ONE was a great brand!
for all thoes whom are interested, to see the ONE railway website here this is not spam
disregarded with domain extension onerailway website is full live and active like it was from 2004 so if you are nostalgic here is the site
its like a time warp i am not to clear why this has been kept, nor am i sure why theu choose Lostproperty as the default word?
http://lostproperty.onerailway.com/
. They still have the old timetables on there with the Lowestoft/Peterborough-London services. i'm downloading & saving them for old times' sake.
It's a shame the 'one' virtual assistant doesn't work. I used to have lots of fun chatting her up.
it appears National Express have taken down the ONE site now :/ perhaps jealous it was getting more hits than the current one?
How ever! although the site has gone i recived another Email from National Express,
I requested that would it be possible for Blue Vinals covering the ONE colours get removed from a class 170 as the franchise is drawing to a close and for rail Enthuisasts could they at least put one back on show as the advent of HD video since 2008 so people like me can get some nice footage of a 170 in its formal ONE colours be for its too late,
NX responded saying ...
Dear Mr S,
Thank you for your recent email.
I was sorry to read that you missed the ‘one’ Railway period, and did not have the opportunity to see the livery on the 170’s. I have forwarded your request to the Fleet department for their review and consideration. I appreciate your patience whilst this is reviewed.
Once again, thank you for contacting us.
Yours sincerely,
Victoria Lamb
Customer Relations Advisor
National Express East Anglia
There is now every chance we may see a 170 showing its colours once more! i await the train prepers responce

well firstley the One Railway website is still there you can now access and browse it via http://lostproperty.onerailway.com/Latest-Information/ they just disabled the landing page link! grrrr
My seconed bit of news is i had a response about train livery on a 170 and this was the response i think they miss understood 1 unit for an entire fleet :/
Dear Mr S,
I write further to my email earlier this week. I have now received a reply concerning your livery request.
We are obligated by the train lease company to remove the branding prior to returning the vehicles at the end of the franchise. We have commenced this now due to the size of the fleets concerned. I am afraid that fleets will not be returned to prior 'one' livery.
I am sorry that I'm unable to provide a more favourable response on this occasion and I thank you once again for taking the time and toruble to contact us.
Yours sincerely,
Victoria Lamb
Customer Relations Advisor
National Express East Anglia
Why would 360s be in blue but 317s and 321s in white?
Because 458s came before SWt thought of the went red and blue. But 360s are in the wrong blue anyway so thats pointless. So what would the point be in having conflicting branding?
Oh and checking out the ONE website... I would imagine that since National Express, the run-down service company got hold of the franchise, things like this http://lostproperty.onerailway.com/Leisure-Offers/one-cafe/Dinner-Menu-1/ are OFF the menu!!!
For years, on-train food was the butt of many jokes{Now thats fallen to National Express}. Now, the 'one' catering team are smashing all the stereotypes about railway dining with a selection of mouth-watering and affordable meals served up in 'one's top-rated, award winning dining cars. At ‘one’ we take pride in our culinary expertise, reputation for high quality service and our attentive staff. This has been recognised nationally through the awards that we have received, for best on train catering – quality and value for money.
As part of our continued commitment to supporting East Anglia, wherever possible, all ingredients are sourced from local suppliers and producers. For instance, we have recently partnered with the Essex Pig Company to bring you sausages from the internationally acclaimed ‘Jimmy’s Farm’, which can be seen from the train on our mainline route between Ipswich and Manningtree.
‘one’ railway has won the Customer Service Award at this year’s national Rail Innovation Awards for its on-board catering services between Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and London.
Over the past year, ‘one’ has continued to enhance its bright, new buffet carriages* by offering a wide range of refreshments, adding the new at-seat light breakfast in First Class, putting extra refreshment trolleys on morning and evening peak trains and has further improved its renowned restaurant service (already widely regarded as the best on the UK rail network).
Why not say 'Bisto Gravy' if that's what it is? People must use this a lot at home and like it, so it may well entice people to try something they relate to being 'home cooked'.
Then you might as well just put 'Stagecoach London Great Eastern' (or whatever) on top of the existing liveries, just as simple. No point trying to follow what they do with the rest of their trains if they don't even match.