• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the page at http://servedby.flashtalking.com says

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
I keep getting this message when visiting this forum and other forums (see attached thumbnail)

How do I get rid of it?
 

Attachments

  • flashtalking.png
    flashtalking.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 84
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2013
Messages
2,053
Ditto.

Flash is the work of the devil.

I suspect it's a rogue advert placed by google ads. That's the usual cause of any such garbage.
 
Last edited:

MetroDriver

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2011
Messages
126
Location
West Midlands
I'm using Firefox as my browser, and run AdBlock which means I don't see these sort of pop-ups etc - what browser are you using?
 

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
I'm using Firefox. No AdBlock, however the problem has stopped now.
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
You can see by this post on Twitter that the problem is being investigated by Flashtalking, I'd imagine it'll be fixed by now. In any case, from time to time these things do happen - they are a bit annoying but harmless, and usually disappear quite quickly. In any case, the adverts they are associated with are vital to the continued operation of the forum as they cover our costs.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I'm using Firefox as my browser, and run AdBlock which means I don't see these sort of pop-ups etc - what browser are you using?

You should try ghostly too if its on FF - amazing what else is running in the background if you didnt already know. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top