• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The new Jaaaaag

MotCO

Established Member
Joined
25 Aug 2014
Messages
6,141
After seeing some reviews on YouTube, i am starting to like it. I don't like that barrier down the centre of the interior though. Won't be using one of these to take my mistress to a quiet layby.
I've also seen some of the reviews - what concerned me was the lack of headroom. I'm 6ft 5in, and don't think I'd fit.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpo

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2024
Messages
3,966
Location
Newport
if double decker buses can navigate large cities so can this.
Buses have the distinct advantage of having trained bus drivers. Many drivers of large ‘cars’ don’t seem competent to drive these monsters, particularly where road position and parking are concerned.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,832
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
It is far too big, far too pointless but I think that is the entire point of it. Jaguar can no longer survive building lowish margin mass market mid range cars. Much of the press is making much of that fact it is too long, but it is still shorter than a mini bus and if double decker buses can navigate large cities so can this. I am not sure who their target audience is though but it stands out in a sea of identical copy cat cars.

It's not that big. Plenty of large estate cars are about 5m long, e.g. the Mondeo. It's not hard to drive such a car, though you do need to remember that there is a long tail rather than just treating it as a single point as those driving small cars can.
 

Top