Robinson
Member
East Croydon?
Gatport Airwick?
I don't believe there is a precedent for this situation, so it's random rule time!
The Gatport Rule: Where players make a minor error in the name of a desired station that turns out to be correct, the guess is allowed to stand. Where there is clear "daylight" between the correct answer and the answer provided however (e.g. Gatport Airwick as opposed to Gatwick Airport), then the attempt is voided. The rule concerning players having one guess per clue is maintained, and therefore the player in question loses his right to a genuine guess that round.
This rule has one exception: The use of "Twerp" as a substitute for "Thorpe Bay", which is permitted.
Sorry Buttsy![]()
I'm not fussed, I only do this for fun, I'm not worried about my score, though to allow Twerp and not allow Wogan's Gatport Airwick is harsh. All or nothing guys, all or nothing..
I didn't know that Gatport Airwick as a name was actually famous. Twerp originated in this thread, hence its acceptance; otherwise, nonstandard answers aren't normally allowed. But having checked on Google, I can confirm what you have said. Like you say, it is a bit of fun. So I guess something like that should really be allowed. Watch out for Stanport Airsted and others as well!
I will revise the new Gatport rule accordingly, to be introduced after the current round. We can't really stop it midway...
DONE: See above.
So would Notlob for Ipswich be valid under this new Gatport rule v2 (from the Flying Circus version of Monty Python's Parrot sketch)
Twerp
Already been guessed by gnolife (post #7244).
So would Notlob for Ipswich be valid under this new Gatport rule v2 (from the Flying Circus version of Monty Python's Parrot sketch)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Whittlesea?
I wouldn't call a train every 2 hours limited myself.
I think I may have opened a can of worms... Sorry Ivo![]()